Definition of permission

unclestuffy

Permission means that he/she has given you permission.Makes no difference whether its in writing or verbal.

If you've got some means of contact for the person incase the rozzers stop you thats a bonus!

Get it in writing if you can.

Example: Somebody calls Police or worst case scenario, you shoot somebody. You have verbal permission only. Friendly farmer, anticipating a load of trouble does not want says, I gave him permission, but it was only a one-off, a couple of months ago'

That leaves you looking for a hole to jump into.

If at aLL possible, get it in writing. Take a letter with you, there are templates on here somewhere, and all he has to do is put his cross on it.

Good luck.

Try this works for me ....hope it helps you out <_< just expand it to fit an A4 sheet

AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

I..............................................of...............................

................................................................................

................................................................................

In my capacity as Landowner / Tennant / Estate Manager / Game Keeper ( delete )

Authorise................................................ to shoot and remove VERMIN / GAME (delete ) as detailed below on my land as above.

1.May use ferrets.

2.May use lamps.

3.May be accompanied by other persons whilst shooting.

4.This authority remains in force until terminated by myself or appointed agent.

Permitted Quarry

Vermin Corvids Game Deer

Woodpigeon Crow Pheasant Roe

Feral pigeon Rook Partridge Fallow

Collared Dove Jackdaw Hare Red

Rats Jay Duck Sika

Grey squirrel Magpie Geese

Rabbit Woodcock

Fox Snipe

G.B.B/L.B.B/Herring gulls Golden plover

Signed................................................

Print....................................................

Date...................................................

If at aLL possible, get it in writing. Take a letter with you, there are templates on here somewhere, and all he has to do is put his cross on it.

Worst case get his mobile number so you can phone him if you're heading out.

If you can show you've got his number on your phone if the peelers are called it's

help a lot.

Nial.

Try this works for me ....hope it helps you out <_< just expand it to fit an A4 sheet

AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

I..............................................of...............................

In my capacity as Landowner / Tennant / Estate Manager / Game Keeper ( delete )

Authorise................................................ to shoot and remove VERMIN / GAME (delete ) as detailed below on my land as above.

1.May use ferrets.

2.May use lamps.

3.May be accompanied by other persons whilst shooting.

4.This authority remains in force until terminated by myself or appointed agent.

Permitted Quarry

Vermin Corvids Game Deer

Woodpigeon Crow Pheasant Roe

Feral pigeon Rook Partridge Fallow

Collared Dove Jackdaw Hare Red

Rats Jay Duck Sika

Grey squirrel Magpie Geese

Rabbit Woodcock

Fox Snipe

G.B.B/L.B.B/Herring gulls Golden plover

Signed................................................

Print....................................................

Date...................................................

very sensible, when were out with the terriers it pays to have written permission to produce. if they re polite we show them the permission and explain we re doing fox control where there s bird s put down. if they re arsey we show them the permission and tell them they re trespassing on private ground. either usually works.

very sensible, when were out with the terriers it pays to have written permission to produce. if they re polite we show them the permission and explain we re doing fox control where there s bird s put down. if they re arsey we show them the permission and tell them they re trespassing on private ground. either usually works.

Thank you - I have written permission for all my land but I was asked to go this morning to process a little grey problem and I was given verbal permission with written to follow.

I always get written permission on a "Police Land Authorisation Form" (Supplied to me by theLancashire Police Fire Arms Office) and keep it on file at home. Whenever I go out I always contact the farmer first and then "log in" by phone with the police (And make a note of the Log Number which I carry with me). It saves an awful lot of potential hasstle if there are any "problems" while I am on my way to the shoot, out on the shoot or on my way home from the shoot.

I am 53, been shooting all my life, all permissions were and are done in a gentlemans way, with a handshake, exchange of addresses, and telephone numbers, and TRUST, I have there phone numbers stored on my mobile phone and take my BASC insurance with me and a copy of my SGC. IM not sure what they would say if I asked for them to provide written permission.

Ill be honest I dont think they would be impressed, they are honourable people and would possibly find it insulting, there word is good enough. :beer:

Alan

75% of my permisions have given me a copy of field's and boundary's plus i always ring and give an approwimate time of arrival and expected departure time, i have been stopped twice by the police with fire arms, they have been more than happy with the information i have given them with regards to phone numbers and maps. On one of my permisions i ring the police incedent number and they then give me a incedent number incase of a visit, mind you it is on a village sports field.

IMO i think its better to cover yourself just in case :beer:

I don't know if this will help anyone out but i have scanned a copy of the (Official) Lancashire Police Land Authority Form (Which states that we are allowed to photocopy the form) All I have done to ammend it is to take the "Lancashire Constabulary Logo and Address" off it. I have the form on file in .gif format so if anyone wants a copy of it to print off PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it as an attachment. The form is A4 size.

Hope this helps a few of you out!

Pete

post-17172-1265452068.gif

Edited by Frenchieboy