3 IN ONE PROFESSIONAL SILICONE SPRAY

The Clay Rascal

:good: Anybody ever used this on a semi instead of oil?

As a plumber I have used this many times on metal and poly items in the course of my work and found it a fantastic product.

I HAVE NOT USED it on my Urika 2 semi but just wondered if any one else had used it on the action and trigger group of any other make or type of gun.

Thoughts please!

PLEASE SEE MY UPDATE WARNING POST 13

Edited by The Clay Rascal

Hi,

Just a word of advice. A mate was trying different lubricants and closed his AYA when it started to smoke and get hot. He said afterwards that he only just managed to get it open again before it may well have permanently "welded" closed. The different chemicals in the lubricants had inter-reacted.

Having got that out of the way, yes, I use it as you describe. As you know the silicone is inert so unlike oil it won't affect the wood. However, the spray also contains the carrier and the propellant so to avoid any possibility of the above, make sure that all traces of the previous lubricants are removed.

Cheers

Hi,

Just a word of advice. A mate was trying different lubricants and closed his AYA when it started to smoke and get hot. He said afterwards that he only just managed to get it open again before it may well have permanently "welded" closed. The different chemicals in the lubricants had inter-reacted.

Having got that out of the way, yes, I use it as you describe. As you know the silicone is inert so unlike oil it won't affect the wood. However, the spray also contains the carrier and the propellant so to avoid any possibility of the above, make sure that all traces of the previous lubricants are removed.

Cheers

Great answer wymberley, thanks, going to ask the TEC DEPT AT 3 IN 1 TO C WHAT THEY SAY.

Hi,

Oops! Someone has made a faux pas and I think that it probably wasn't the guy that specified it for lubricating the operating mechanism for the M1 Garand rifle for example. However, there's silicone and there's silicone so I would pay attention to what Steve said about using a product designed for use on guns.

Cheers

:lol: Anybody ever used this on a semi instead of oil?

As a plumber I have used this many times on metal and poly items in the course of my work and found it a fantastic product.

I HAVE NOT USED it on my Urika 2 semi but just wondered if any one else had used it on the action and trigger group of any other make or type of gun.

Thoughts please!

Please see information below, just back from 3 IN 1 MANUFACTURING DEPT, thanks for all your replies to my questions

Please see detailed and useful response from our manufacturing department:

I have a shotgun and have maintained it for over ten years with either WD-40, or 3-IN-ONE High Performance Lubricant. They are, to my mind much better propositions because they contain more beneficial additives than a straight silicone. These additives provide better durability, anti wear additives, extreme pressure additives and the ability to clean i.e. penetrate rust and corrosion deposits, and by inference powder and lead deposits. I find them both exceptionally effective in removing powder and shot deposits within the barrels. They will also remove finger marks and leave a thin protective deposit on blued surfaces thereby reducing the likelihood of corrosion. A very light application is all that is necessary.

Ordinary WD-40 is probably a better bet than the 3-IN-ONE High Performance Lubricant on a semi-auto, in view of the presence of PTFE particles in the latter, which may cause jamming.

I wouldn’t use the Silicone Spray.

I hope this information is of assistance to you, any problems please let me know.

Silicon spray is bad news for any tight fitting items especially metal items ,years ago I used it on the tap of my mark 1 airsporter after cocking the gun the second time the tap jammed and I had to drift it out of the barrel them wet and dry it to get rid of the scores.

WD40 vapour alters the characteristics of gun powder and is frowned upon in the states for use on any weapons,Balistol is the oil of choice if you can still get it ,as it is a superb lubricant and has superb metal protecting properties,I think it used to come from Ruag Ammotec.

VP90 is also superb so use oils specific for guns and you shouldnt go wrong.