Realistic Blank Firers

Shuck.

as far as Im aware realistic top venting blank firers (not bright orange ones) are not available to buy anymore.

my question is what happened to the ones people bought? was there an amnesty or are they legal to own but not to sell/ dispose of?

also id like to know why you can buy a totally realistic looking p99 apart from a polished looking blue top frame and a tiny red dot at the muzzle?

if ANYONE not familiar with guns would look at that and not think it was a 'real' functioning firearm, I will eat my hat

Edited by Shuck.

That's exactly why they're banned, because they're realistic. You can now only get them in bright colours, as far as I'm aware.

I see no need to own a blank firing gun that looks like a real gun. If you've got a blank firer, it'll be for dog training or teaching people about pistols etc. So I support the change in the law.

That's exactly why they're banned, because they're realistic. You can now only get them in bright colours, as far as I'm aware.

I see no need to own a blank firing gun that looks like a real gun. If you've got a blank firer, it'll be for dog training or teaching people about pistols etc. So I support the change in the law.

I agree with you hartford, the only reasons youd want one is for these reasons and neither matter what colour the gun is.. but what I said was the blue P99s looks realistic and theyre totally legal

my other Q was if you already had a black one, what do you do with it??

Edited by Shuck.

I have still got mine, Well actually Ferretbot111 has but it is black and a revolver type. The colour makes absolutely no difference to them and is a farce. It is another blatant act of stupidity by the powers that be.

By being bright pink or orange makes it all OK? So if I go and buy an illegal handgun and paint it pink then there is no issue and if seen with it in the street nothing will be said or happen as it is bright pink.

Being a different colour does not stop anyone being shot with it, or you being shot by SO19 when you point it at one of them.

The availability of such guns should be questioned as you can buy a replica handgun at virtually any market or boot sale in the country.

I have still got mine, Well actually Ferretbot111 has but it is black and a revolver type. The colour makes absolutely no difference to them and is a farce. It is another blatant act of stupidity by the powers that be.

By being bright pink or orange makes it all OK? So if I go and buy an illegal handgun and paint it pink then there is no issue and if seen with it in the street nothing will be said or happen as it is bright pink.

Being a different colour does not stop anyone being shot with it, or you being shot by SO19 when you point it at one of them.

The availability of such guns should be questioned as you can buy a replica handgun at virtually any market or boot sale in the country.

It's not supposed to be the answer to the problem, it's just something to help the situation. I mean, if one guy says "Bruv, I ain't holding up a bank wiv that gun, It's pink!" that's potentially one armed offence that's been stopped.

Nothing will completely eradicate firearms offences, but things like this may at least stop one in a thousand armed robberies or whatever, which is better than stopping none.

Exactly, ok so you cant buy a 'realistic colour' blank handgun but you can buy a replica.. ...but you cant buy an airsoft replica.. :)

Im pretty sure you could buy an official non functioning replica.. so whats the point?

back to the topic thanks for the replies its as I thought.. legal to own but not to buy :good:

anyway

I suppose the crime figures have lowered exponentially since they started painting *some* of the blank firers orange.

It's not supposed to be the answer to the problem, it's just something to help the situation. I mean, if one guy says "Bruv, I ain't holding up a bank wiv that gun, It's pink!" that's potentially one armed offence that's been stopped.

Nothing will completely eradicate firearms offences, but things like this may at least stop one in a thousand armed robberies or whatever, which is better than stopping none.

And of course there is absolutely nothing to stop your average criminal buying a can of black paint is there?

It stops nothing, it is a farce and is just something else that causes legitimate users aggro.

Completely agree but thats the VCR act for you!

The 'ban' was only for the sale, manufacture or import of 'realistic' guns (but not including de-acts - say what!?!? :lol::lol: ) after the VCR Act, so if you've still got one you're fine. You can't sell them but you can give them away! :good:

As for buying an all black one, now you need to be a member of an airsoft club, re-enactment society or be involved in the tv/film industry (and have a membership number/credientials to prove so). Not sure about the P99 you're talking about but over 50% of the body should be an 'unrealistic' colour which is normally luminous orange, green or pink. If its in a decent shop i'd point that out to the owner but if its a dodgy market trader etc i'd let the fuzz know as it was those sorts of people who brought this part of the joke legislation about in the first place by selling blank firers/airsoft guns to chav scum. :)

Mark

Edited by Breastman

I dont know about you, but every single gun shop Ive been in and came across them, they are (mostly) orange with a large amount peeling off showing the black painted metal underneath.. first thing that came into my head well thats not going to stay on much longer :good:

And of course there is absolutely nothing to stop your average criminal buying a can of black paint is there?

It stops nothing, it is a farce and is just something else that causes legitimate users aggro.

The reason the law was passed was so that if you were out using a blank firer and someone saw you the fact that it was bright pink or orange would make it look less like a real firearm and perhaps prevent them calling out the ARV!

You can never legislate to completely scupper criminals. Anyway a bank robber is more likely to get a real gun more easily than a blank firer and then paint it black. And if the it all goes wrong he can then shoot people with the real gun rather than just make noise!

Okay quick question - what about those CO2 capsule ones that fired small metal BBs or .177 airgun pellets (not those cartridge compressed air [brocock ones I think] that people could reactivate easily and fire real ammo through - I know they were banned quite early on).

What's the current law on them?

Okay quick question - what about those CO2 capsule ones that fired small metal BBs or .177 airgun pellets (not those cartridge compressed air [brocock ones I think] that people could reactivate easily and fire real ammo through - I know they were banned quite early on).

What's the current law on them?

As far as i'm aware they're classed as airguns which are covered by firearms legislation and therefore weren't touched by the VCR Act (in this sense)

Mark

Edited by Breastman

here breastman hardly 50%

yet youll find them in ANY gun shop around here

anyway, regarding unrealistic colours ..Im sure Ive seen handguns with a brushed steel slide

Sorry the legislation says that the PRIMARY colour has to be;

(a) bright red

(:good: bright orange

© bright yellow

(d) bright green

(e) bright pink

(f) bright purple; and

(g) bright blue

However personally i'd say to be classed as the primary colour, it should be 50% or more?! The law is an *** !:good:

Mark

The reason the law was passed was so that if you were out using a blank firer and someone saw you the fact that it was bright pink or orange would make it look less like a real firearm and perhaps prevent them calling out the ARV!

:good: I think that was pretty far down the list as to why the Violent Crime Reduction Act came about to be fair! I think it was more to do with stopping scrotes getting their hands on guns which they could pass off as real firearms. Hence why the painting the 'safe' guns black makes the whole thing such a waste of time. :good:

Mark

Mungler

as breastman said, they arent affected under the VCR bill, but you can get fully functioning scale replica CO2 guns, licensed by handgun manufacturers that look even more realistic then imitation blank firers because they are AUTHENTIC.

asked the bloke in the shop by me what the point of it all was he could just titter and say there is no point.

as long as more legislation against ANY firearms is passed the majority of the masses will be happy and feel safer, even if it is a completly pointless waste of time.

thats my understanding of it anyway

Edited by Shuck.

Sorry the legislation says that the PRIMARY colour has to be;

(a) bright red

(:yes: bright orange

© bright yellow

(d) bright green

(e) bright pink

(f) bright purple; and

(g) bright blue

However personally i'd say to be classed as the primary colour, it should be 50% or more?! The law is an *** !:angry:

Mark

unless there are loopholes in the law that means 'primary colour' in both meanings of the word.. therefore a 70% black handgun could have a 30% blue 'filler colour' as long as it is a 'primary colour'?

im probably making no sense :good:

Its a load of old bowlocks If your a criminal a can of paint will sort you out, I see no reason to make them bright colours

It will make no difference to the criminally intent people who if using a blank firer are probably one step away from looking for the real thing, you can pass all the laws you want but it wont make a difference.

What to ban next :good::/

We are one step away from Airgun registration due to the mindless morons perhaps that will be a good thing incorporating safe keeping as part of ownership :good:

Alan