Met Office

SHOOTEMUP

I agree :good: Got the app on my I-phone. Looked on there the night before i was going to go shooting and it predicted strong winds 13-16 MPH from 6-9am. Great i thought, woke up next morning not a breath of wind, Hang on i thought, and when i checked the forecast again the cheeky bastewards had changed it to make it look like they were right :blink: :hmm:

:blink: Why The Hell cant these overpaid ****** get it right?

We have had at least 3" of snow that wasnt forcast so why does all the media listen to them when they hardly ever get it right?? :good:

Ah you should have checked my facebook page last night I was forecasting snow. Mind I got my

info from Metcheck between them and the beeb I get a

reasonable idea of the trend.

:hmm:

:blink: Why The Hell cant these overpaid ****** get it right?

We have had at least 3" of snow that wasnt forcast so why does all the media listen to them when they hardly ever get it right?? :good:

It does not surprise me. These are the same people that forecasted a WET and MILD winter. I have looked at wednesday's forecast a few times today and it has gone from rain to snow to sleet. It will be partially cloudy or foggy later on.

i,ve a book called weather law,the author did a long study of the old farmers/sailors weather folklore.he worked out the percentage of times they were correct and some are better than met forcasts.the forcasts in the fiftys were better than todays with the billions of pounds worth satalites and computers they use.i,ll stick to my trusty weather cone.

Round our area the weather forcasters use what is known as a "Weather Stick" to predict the weather.

A "Weather Stick" is a piece or rare tropical wood that is only found in the rain forests about 2 feet long and 2.5 inches in diameter. The way they use it is as follows:

They hold it in their right hand and open the window with their left hand. Then they hold the "Waether Stick" out of the window at arms lebgth for 45 seconds. They then bring it back in and carefully inspect it! If its wet they tell us it's raining and if it' dry they tell us that it is going to be fine.

They do have a bit of sea weed as a stand by in case they lose their Weather Stick!