How much land do you shoot over?

soreshoulder

A 50 acre wood and another two small farms totaling another 150 acres.

I shoot this with a club of 17 other guys, and belive it or not we rarely see each other exent at the AGM!

Just goes to underline what i have often said, there is only so much land and there is no harm in sharing!

David

Very true, I've taken 3 people, not all from this forum, onto my land which has helped them gain their own permissions, as I have acted as reference which helps, once you've got land you seem to be trusted more I think.

I have one guy who uses my land as and when he wants to and has become a great friend, the farm pays for his ammo as he is so effective.

Problem with having to much land is not only getting around it all (free time) but also trying to do a top job for the Farmer.

I suppose we shoot on a good 500 Acres if not more, although could do with some land with Bunnies on, i think we have more then enough to sort out at present to be honest.

i dont have a massive shoot. i sometimes go out with other forum mebers, and at the same time, try and take people with me. Its nice to take people out who do not have their own shoot, as one day they might have a good bit of land and return the favour.

650 on my farm and have been given verbal permission for 200 on neighbouring farm and no doubt could get more around the village but i find controlling the bunnies on our land hard enough :rolleyes: could do with some rape for pigeons this time of year as we only plant wheat mind :rolleyes: if im on my gap year next year i will follow up any offers as i will be after a centre fire and reckon i could get foxing on the 1000 acre farm some of our land goes into as the part time keeper come shoot captain is a milkman and can't cope with foxing late at night.

George