FAC,what rifle

vampire

Hi all,looking for a bit of advice on fac rifles,will soon apply for cert becuse i want a cz 22lr for the bunnies with a sak mod and subs,thinking about 17 as wellfor longer range and 243 for foxes/deer.Am i right in thinking that i could put all these rifles down on app ready for when/if i get or add to later to save costs.

The only thing i am certain of is the cz/sako/subs,but not know what others to put down,have heard tikka mentioned a lot and is worth mods on these othres

cz 22 452 lr + sak mod

! 17 long range bunnie

! muntjac/fox

Im waiting on my FAC at the moment.

Ive applied for exactly the same as what youve suggested.

.22lr

.17hmr

I only went for a .243 over a .223 as i have muntjack on my permissions, and should the chance to go deer shooting crop up it would be a pain having to vary the certificate.

If i could find it id link my thread as your asking the same questions as me.

Im pretty sure you can apply for as many as you want, but youll find all the answers to hand shortly as this place is great for the voices of experience.

Good luck mate. :angry:

Most of my permissions are cleared for FAC ,all farms and some of the paddocks as well.

Thanks for info,very helpful.is a 223 up to deer/fox then if so wouldnt need 243.

Gonna ask to have open cert,not sure what will happen,but have 6000 acres on local farms,managed to get all neighbouring farms so can go from one to another :angry:

Found it.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...=101568&hl=

some good advice on that check it out.

Have read both of the old threads,some very good questions and helpful answers.

It seems i am asking same thing you have done previously 'joke' and am of the same conclusion as you on this,will apply for the 22 czlr,17,but might just ask for 223 instead of 243,dont really want to shoot deer just munties and foxes,besides am to tight to buy ammo at that cost.

Last question,and perhaps clarification on op,please could you help with makes of rifles on a budget to get in the 17 and 223 calibres,i already shoot mates cz 22 and 17 and absolutly love the cz best rifle i have ever used.

ATB

Karl