Wash that jacket you smell!

Carbonrocket

Well after a couple of months heavy ratting around cattle sheds. My misses decided my kit stinks!

Now it stinks of ARIEL Excel Gel with Actilift.

And believe me it reeks, reeks of soft flowery detergent that will alert rats like carrying a flashing beacon.

In the garage it will go as its ratting tomorrow night.

Thanks wifey! :yes: Did wiff a bit I suppose.

Carb

Carefull washing Camo/shooting clothes with powders that contain Optical enhancers...They increase the ultra violet reflection to make them look cleaner...Pigeons have a superior ultra violet vision range and it's said that they can pick up the glare from clothes washed with said stuff......summat to think about... :yes: :yes: :lol:

Carefull washing Camo/shooting clothes with powders that contain Optical enhancers...They increase the ultra violet reflection to make them look cleaner...Pigeons have a superior ultra violet vision range and it's said that they can pick up the glare from clothes washed with said stuff......summat to think about... :yes: :yes: :lol:

How can I reduce this effect? or will it fade? Maybe next time should I bite the bullet and give it a hand wash with non perfumed soap!

I shoot with IR so I take it this glare effect could be magnified.

You think that's bad, I don't know how much longer I can continue convincing the wife that the smell in the 4X4 is an air freshener that has "gone off". If she finds out i've been using the 4x4 to carry dead foxes from where I shot them to the farm (In black bin bags) to be buried she is going to do me some serious injury!

Edited by Frenchieboy

You think that's bad, I don't know how much longer I can continue convincing the wife that the smell in the 4X4 is an air freshener that has "gone off". If she finds out i've been using the 4x4 to carry dead foxes from where I shot them to the farm (In black bin bags) to be buried she is going to do me some serious injury!

Get a old air freshner, urinate a fox like you would a rabbit by pushing down the intestines, collect the pee, soak airfreshner in the pee, and say to the wife when taking the air freshner into the kitchen that you think that one may be the dud. This dooes work belive me, tho with me my mum was carrying a dead rabbit around in the car for three weeks before i remembered then i pulled the stunt and got off the hook

How can I reduce this effect? or will it fade? Maybe next time should I bite the bullet and give it a hand wash with non perfumed soap!

I shoot with IR so I take it this glare effect could be magnified.

I'm not sure about IR vision....just wash ya clothes in cheap powders.....It's only the dear ones that have the enhancers in...

just put them in the washing machine without any soap on a cool wash, its what i do with my gear, works ok :yes:

I was told in the shop that i had to do this with anything gore-tex because the soap takes the coating away and do it as standard with camo to stop them from fading. never seem to smell too bad after not that i really care. i don't go out there to pull, i go out there to shoot stuff

nick

snap, my missus finally blew her top, when jumping in the passenger side,she howled her seat was wet, well it was raining yesterday dear, was my reply, plus hitting those flooded roads at 30mph probably did'nt help, wet mud in the footwells, dry blood on the rear seats, rimfire shells everwhere, and as she puts it, the smell of death :yes:

well, thats what 4x4's are for dear, still had to give it a clean though

I was told in the shop that i had to do this with anything gore-tex because the soap takes the coating away and do it as standard with camo to stop them from fading. never seem to smell too bad after not that i really care. i don't go out there to pull, i go out there to shoot stuff

nick

I use Nikwax Tech Wash, which doesn't smell and won't ruin the gore-tex either. They also do a reproofer called TX-Proof or something like that. Great products, get them from your local camping shop.

cheers,