Instant message

deputy dog

Would it be possible for PIGEON WATCH FORUM to Introduce an INSTANT MESSAGE SERVICE for it members. A bit like they have got on FACE BOOK. You see the name below and click on who ever you want to message and you get an instant reply off who ever you have messaged. I know a lot a members including myself, like posting topics to get advice on variouse matters. But some times it would be nice just to I.M some one for a quick fix to a little problem you may have, instead of posting it as a new topic and waiting for replies to it if any. I wonder how many of you my fellow members would actually accept this INSTANT MESSAGE service if it was introduced.

Cheers

Gareth

Would it be possible for PIGEON WATCH FORUM to Introduce an INSTANT MESSAGE SERVICE for it members. A bit like they have got on FACE BOOK. You see the name below and click on who ever you want to message and you get an instant reply off who ever you have messaged. I know a lot a members including myself, like posting topics to get advice on variouse matters. But some times it would be nice just to I.M some one for a quick fix to a little problem you may have, instead of posting it as a new topic and waiting for replies to it if any. I wonder how many of you my fellow members would actually accept this INSTANT MESSAGE service if it was introduced.

Cheers

Gareth

Isn't hat what the PM is all about ?

The IM on Facebook is a chat program like MSN, built into Facebook and effectively turns PM into realtime. Its not something we'd look to install if at all availabl

It was just an idea i thought i would put to the forum. But could you please tell me why you wont look to install an IM service to this forum. If at all there was one available, as you stated.

Gareth

LIke a chat forum? I think it would be a useful asset in this forum - as PM's are limited to the number you can make within a given time period

Les :good:

Yeh lads go to PW arms for I.M. it would be a lot more banter if we got more people in on a regular basis. :D

It was just an idea i thought i would put to the forum. But could you please tell me why you wont look to install an IM service to this forum. If at all there was one available, as you stated.

Gareth

The main issue would be privacy. To maintain this it would have to be an opt in facility, such as it is on Facebook. Therefore members may not be contactable which defeats the object as you have suggested. The PM facility whilst not being chat, is as close to being live as it can be and works well. Though I do admit the filter on the number of PM's sent in a given time can be annoying, it is to stop spam which is even more so annoying.There are of course other reasons such as , cost, server load, availability, etc.

The main issue would be privacy. To maintain this it would have to be an opt in facility, such as it is on Facebook. Therefore members may not be contactable which defeats the object as you have suggested. The PM facility whilst not being chat, is as close to being live as it can be and works well. Though I do admit the filter on the number of PM's sent in a given time can be annoying, it is to stop spam which is even more so annoying.There are of course other reasons such as , cost, server load, availability, etc.

Oh well Then, looks like that ideas on the back burner lol. Cheers for you reply Axe.