Getting low on cartridges

got a call from the estate to say there were a lot of pigeons on the rape so i went out and had a good day with the 28 bore i'm running

short on 28 bore cartridges so at 11-00 yesterday morning i phoned Just cartridges and ordered 1,500 hull 23gm load this morning at

8-15 they were on the door step so it's away to the rape fields tomorrow and hopefully a few more pigeons. :blush::oops::hmm:

Forgive my ignorance but are 23g enough for pigeons?

/s/

I've been useing Eley 21 gm for decoying pigeons and have no problem killing them out to 45 yards the 28 bore throws a tight pattern in fackted to tight i've had mine bored out i'm useing no 7 shot i have to use fiber wads on the estate so that restricts me to certain cartridges i've just seen these new hull 23gm load and i'm going to give them a try.

Well I just bought 250 Fiocchi sporting pigeon 32g 6 fibres for £50 at my local shop, they are £54 on there with £15 delivery!

whenever I have bought cartridges they have always been roughly the same price but without the delivery cost.

I was always under the impression that Justcartridges are a complete rip-off on the delivery charges and it basically works out the same as buying them from the RFD?

Please correct me if I'm wrong :blush:

I have to agree. I've never found that just cartridge could beat my local gunshop even when not taking into account delivery. I shoot eley superbs and get them for £160 per thousand. Just cartriges charge £173 and then delivery ontop. I do however think just cartridges do serve a purpose. They stock a wide array of carts that maybe your local gunshop doesn't have in, or you don't have the time to travel. My advice is always

check what your local shop can do them at for you.

Joe

The only way JC worked to provide a decent discount on standard game loads was when a few of us got together and ordered about 4,000 BUT they do have a great range, more than you'll find on the shelves of most gunshops.

I know people who use them as there nearest rfd is about 45min trip both ways and may work a 6 day week some times so dont have the time of day when they can have them delivered to their office in time if they order 2 days before a shoot so it does have a real service with a huge range :good:

George

I was always under the impression that Justcartridges are a complete rip-off on the delivery charges and it basically works out the same as buying them from the RFD?

Please correct me if I'm wrong :good:

I tryed 3 local gun shops none of them had 28 bore cartridges in fiber wads 1 was'nt intrested in getting them for me the other 2 said they could get them in but it would take a few weeks and the gun shops are between 20 and 30 miles away when you take your petrol money into acount it's nearly the same as getting them delivered, and i needed them in a hurry.

got a call from the estate to say there were a lot of pigeons on the rape so i went out and had a good day with the 28 bore i'm running

short on 28 bore cartridges so at 11-00 yesterday morning i phoned Just cartridges and ordered 1,500 hull 23gm load this morning at

8-15 they were on the door step so it's away to the rape fields tomorrow and hopefully a few more pigeons. :good::hmm::hmm:

Good service but am i right in thinking you order them at £240.50 per 1000 delivered?

Clay & Game 28B 28 23g Fibre 5,6 £59.50 £113.25 £215.50 + £16.00 delivery from http://clays.salientlion.net/Hull.htm prices for 1500 seem to be about the same but it gives you another supplier for comparison in future.

I have a big dealer locally sportmans (there is one in dorset) which is cheaper than Just cartridges

Edited by HDAV

This is a difficult one and from praise for the service of JC, a number are now having a bit of a dig.

I have always kept abreast of JC prices and find them a very good guide, always something to kick your local RFD with if required. I have only bought from them personally once at their premises and once at the Game Fair.

Now perhaps I was lucky, who knows..on both occasions they had what I wanted and on BOTH occasions I did a deal (had no intention of buying at the Game Fair but the deal was too good!) :rolleyes:

Supply and price worked for me, but I get around quite a lot, stick my head in just about every RFD I can find and you would be surprised what special/deals/end of line/bankrupt whatever comes up..

JC have a place and I'm happy they are around!

ATB!!

Mind you I wish there was another online big cart dealer as the competion would drive down prices?

http://clays.salientlion.net/index.htm Companies will only accept lower % for so long before they become unsustainable the gun trade is one of the few that will survive despite the internet but as margins are cut on items that can be mail ordered or sold easily online (Bags, clothes, scopes etc) I think Ammunition may rise as cart and round sales will be keeping the doors open.