B.S.A 6mm Garden gun

I have for sale a BSA 6MM shot shell single shot pump action field gun. Shoots very nice. It's from around 1960's. Comes with a magazine restriction certificate issued from the Birmingham gun barrel proof house in 1990. The work undertaken is not pretty but it is what it is - a very nice field gun for not a lot of money . £65 ono Pm for more pictures F/F GUN CERT Midlands area Thanks for looking

SOLD GUYS THANKS

post-17266-1268310560.jpg

post-17266-1268310594.jpg

Edited by callum10

I believe that what we know as 9mm garden gun was once known as No 3 garden gun, and .22 shotshell was called No1 garden gun, dont ask me what No 2 was as I dont have a clue. 9mm cartridges by Eley had copper heads and paper cases, once the paper cases had a chueqred pattern but later were plain dull green. The interesting thing is that the paper cases seperated from the copper head and were supposedly fired down the barrel, a real risk when being used indoors in say a hay barn. Thats my recollection of when my sole armament was an , Acme No 3 garden gun.

Blackpowder

I believe that what we know as 9mm garden gun was once known as No 3 garden gun, and .22 shotshell was called No1 garden gun, dont ask me what No 2 was as I dont have a clue. 9mm cartridges by Eley had copper heads and paper cases, once the paper cases had a chueqred pattern but later were plain dull green. The interesting thing is that the paper cases seperated from the copper head and were supposedly fired down the barrel, a real risk when being used indoors in say a hay barn. Thats my recollection of when my sole armament was an , Acme No 3 garden gun.

Blackpowder

I think they do/did a 6mm shotshell for Europe..... all three were quite popular at one time.

I used to fire Fiocchi 9mm in the garden gun i had years ago...... these were a bright silver shell, all metal,and very good on rats and close pigeons....... I can still see the holes in my Dads chicken shed!! those were the days :sick:

Dave

I think they do/did a 6mm shotshell for Europe..... all three were quite popular at one time.

I used to fire Fiocchi 9mm in the garden gun i had years ago...... these were a bright silver shell, all metal,and very good on rats and close pigeons....... I can still see the holes in my Dads chicken shed!! those were the days :sick:

Dave

Yes meant to add that Dave eventually the paper cases became unavailable and I also used Fiocchi chrome plated metal cases. Best shot a running hare at 15 yards stone dead, a total fluke several very low pheasants and sitting rabbits. The staff of the old Forrest of Kelso shop were a mine of information in the 60's and I was told that pre WW2 you could buy solid ball loads in this calibre called I think breech cap bullets or somthing like that.

Alan

cracking gun mate well worth the money if you do not sell it on this site put it on guntrader but up the price

i have looked into it and buy law i am not aloud it on sgc as it is still capable of firing 22 bullets it would have to go on fac then i would only be aloud to use it at the range

does any one remember these guns from the fun fares i remember having a go with one in blackpool when i was very young

my uncle has one but it is .22 bullet and has around a 10 shot mag and has the rifled barrel

cracking gun mate well worth the money if you do not sell it on this site put it on guntrader but up the price

i have looked into it and buy law i am not aloud it on sgc as it is still capable of firing 22 bullets it would have to go on fac then i would only be aloud to use it at the range

does any one remember these guns from the fun fares i remember having a go with one in blackpool when i was very young

my uncle has one but it is .22 bullet and has around a 10 shot mag and has the rifled barrel

Thanks mate yes the bill do not like them on a sgc !!!! but they have no choice it is legal over here !!! :yes:

I wish I had the money, don't think you are too far away either.

I'm with you bigchap, I'm confused. SGC or FAC?

All the best,

SSS :yes:

ok guys the part night owl said about putting a 22 shell in it is not legal !! never done it so dont know, its on a sgc for .22 shot shells only. :yes: