12 with the .17

peejay

flash- if you can then get both, the .22 is handy if theres a built up area and the noise needs to be kept down . and the .17 will be ideal for more open ground and longer range, 2 or 3 of them in the picture were taken at approx 90 - 120 yds (bipod) and i feel more confident goung for ribcage at that range.

I would say both as your not always gonna get land cleared for a 17HMR but more likely for .22LR. Then of course that does depend on where you shoot.

Axe.

AXE

Up here in the North East where i shoot you would have more chance of getting the 17HMR cleared than the 22LR because the HMR does not have ( irish snipers ) where as the .22LR does. :D:lol::lol::D:D

Edited by hawkeye

Hawkeye, actually i'd better retract that statement as I dont know for sure. I'm just going on the general consensus around here, lesson learnt :D

I still like the .22LR running subs, yeah you do have to be mindful but its good practice. I wonder if the .17HMR is avaliable in a lower charge?

Axe.