cartridges

rodp

Hi, what's the situation with keeping 12g cartridges without a SGC. I haven't sent off for my SGC yet (only just installed cabinet) but I've been offered a couple of boxes of cartridges free (new ones).

Am I absolutely, definitely, without any doubt, categorically, 100%, beyond all recourse allowed to keep them at home?

Cheers

Hi, what's the situation with keeping 12g cartridges without a SGC. I haven't sent off for my SGC yet (only just installed cabinet) but I've been offered a couple of boxes of cartridges free (new ones).

Am I absolutely, definitely, without any doubt, categorically, 100%, beyond all recourse allowed to keep them at home?

Cheers

Yup..........it's only illegal to buy them if you haven't got a sgc :blush::blush:

I dont have a clue either way but if it is it seems mental.

George

Shotgun cartridges are utterly useless without a shotgun. It's not illegal to have them in your possession if you don't have a ticket.

NOR is it illegal to buy them without a ticket, unless there are less than 9 lead shots in the cartridge.

Shotgun cartridges are utterly useless without a shotgun. It's not illegal to have them in your possession if you don't have a ticket.

NOR is it illegal to buy them without a ticket, unless there are less than 9 lead shots in the cartridge.

Somebody ought to tell the boys in blue, then :blush:

This is from West Midlands Police website :

"You need a shotgun certificate to purchase or acquire shotguns or purchase cartridges.

A shotgun certificate is not required to have cartridges in your possession". :blush:

And the Countryside Alliance :

"You are required to show your shotgun certificate to the retailer when you buy cartridges".

Edited by Chard

Somebody ought to tell the boys in blue, then :blush:

This is from West Midlands Police website :

"You need a shotgun certificate to purchase or acquire shotguns or purchase cartridges.

A shotgun certificate is not required to have cartridges in your possession". :blush:

I read it in the firearms law book.

That's a contradictory statement from the WMP, as I'd find it difficult to have shotgun cartridges in my possession, if I'd not acquired them in the first place. Unless my SGC had lapsed...

I read it in the firearms law book.

That's a contradictory statement from the WMP, as I'd find it difficult to have shotgun cartridges in my possession, if I'd not acquired them in the first place. Unless my SGC had lapsed...

It would be very easy to have them in your possession. You could have been given them or had them bought for you. :blush:

I didn't say it was sensible :look:

There's a thread about it on the Army Rumour Service website too, OK to posess without certificate, but not to buy :blush:

Durham Constabulary think so too, this from their website :

Remember it is illegal to:

* Possess a shotgun without a shotgun certificate or permit.

* Have a loaded shotgun in a public place.

* Buy or sell a shotgun unless both parties hold a shotgun certificate, or are Registered Firearms Dealers, or the seller holds a permit.

* Sell a shotgun that is out of proof.

* Sell cartridges to someone not in possession of a shotgun certificate.

* Shoot game without a game licence.

* Shoot game on Sundays, Christmas day or at night.

* Shoot game out of season.

* Shoot protected species including racing pigeons.

* Shoot wildfowl or game with a shotgun having a magazine capacity greater than two cartridges.

Edited by Chard

It would be very easy to have them in your possession. You could have been given them or had them bought for you. :blush:

I didn't say it was sensible :look:

There's a thread about it on the Army Rumour Service website too, OK to posess without certificate, but not to buy :blush:

Durham Constabulary think so too, this from their website :

Remember it is illegal to:

* Possess a shotgun without a shotgun certificate or permit.

* Have a loaded shotgun in a public place.

* Buy or sell a shotgun unless both parties hold a shotgun certificate, or are Registered Firearms Dealers, or the seller holds a permit.

* Sell a shotgun that is out of proof.

* Sell cartridges to someone not in possession of a shotgun certificate.

* Shoot game without a game licence.

* Shoot game on Sundays, Christmas day or at night.

* Shoot game out of season.

* Shoot protected species including racing pigeons.

* Shoot wildfowl or game with a shotgun having a magazine capacity greater than two cartridges.

is this right you can't shoot game or wildfowl with a gun with more than two cartridges ?

Why not just ask them to hang on to them for you until you get your certificate. Saves any problems that way. I always believe that the best course of action is to stay out of grey areas, it probably wont make any difference but at least you know then that you are in the right. Life is like a vindaloo curry, what you do today may well burn your **** tomorrow.

Edited by Vince Green

Not if it's a pump action it doesn't. Fire the round in the action, pump one up from the magazine, fire, pump second round from the magazine.

But you knew that!

Bill

Bill i dont quite catch your drift so to speak all i was saying was a non fac semi auto was okay because it only has a magazine of 2 and the 3rd is in the chamber. And i dont confess to know anything about pumps i have never used one :blush:

George