Which Auto??????

Alanl50

I wanted to buy the new Browning Maxus but the swines had sold it, and they are not sure when exactly the new lot are coming in and I dont want to drive miles, so left to choose from is the Beretta Urika, Benelli Monty, and the Winchester SX3, I would seriously like some opinions from those that know about the above :lol:

I only want 3" magnum capacity.

Thanks

Alan

I wanted to buy the new Browning Maxus but the swines had sold it, and they are not sure when exactly the new lot are coming in and I dont want to drive miles, so left to choose from is the Beretta Urika, Benelli Monty, and the Winchester SX3, I would seriously like some opinions from those that know about the above :D

Thanks

Alan

Potentially the best is the Benelli, but I'm not a big fan of the way it looks, but cleaning is the easiest of the lot. I run a Beretta 391 Urika (had a 303 before this), I like the feel, look and performance, but I don't like the cleaning. The Winchester is by all accounts a decent tool but just doesn't float my boat! :lol:

Potentially the best is the Benelli, but I'm not a big fan of the way it looks, but cleaning is the easiest of the lot. I run a Beretta 391 Urika (had a 303 before this), I like the feel, look and performance, but I don't like the cleaning. The Winchester is by all accounts a decent tool but just doesn't float my boat! :lol:

i would rule the winchester out right away, and that leaves you the beretta or benelli. obviously im going to say the benelli, as it just requires so little maintenance it makes it a joy to own. will just never quit on you. ive owned a beretta before too and must say it does have less recoil because of the gas set up, and they are a great handling gun, but simply because i give mine a fair bit of rough treatment its got to be the benelli, for me anyway. although im fully aware that you will have the beretta shooters who feel just as passionately about their choice, and will sing its many advantages

I own a beretta 391 tekny's and I love it, it is very light and the recoil is practically non-existent. My best mate has a montefeltro and I don't like it as much because it has a bit more recoil and the styling is not as good. I have shot a lot off benelli and beretta semi-autos and I would choose Beretta everyday off the week.

if you dont mind spending the extra for the urika in my opinion its a better made gun.

personaly like my winchester but its a bit plasticy compared to the beretta.

best advice would be to try them, both come with shims to adjust but you may find one suits better than the other.

my mate cant shoot my urika for toffee, but loves the winchester.

they feel completely different to handle as well, winchester stock and forend are slimmer than the urika.

cant comment on the benelli, unless you are going supernova :lol:

if you've got the pennies go for a beretta A400. :D

100% Beretta , purchased the A391 field , very pleased but the wife took a fancy to it ( so lost that !!! ) , bought another one , A391 synthetic cammo , feels very good in the hand , mounts very well , moves well , cycles anything ,negligable recoil even with a heavier load , very pleased !! :good:

I have the 391 myself and I really do love it to shoot, and of course that is what they are all about and what really counts, but as I mentioned above...cleaning...the gas port system (not unique to Beretta of course) is an absolute pain to clean. Beretta is always looking at ways to ease this burden and apparently things have improved marginally in the very latest Beretta Semis, but they are still not easy.

Benelli cleaning in comparison is easy.

Not enough of an issue for me to change guns, but definately an area I don't look forward to, but it is the only downside for me of my 391!!

I have been offered a Benelli M2 mint for £750.00 it at Trulock and Harris so you know its dearer but they do give service and 1 years warranty on all secondhand sales ------ any thoughts anyone?:hmm:?:hmm:???

Alan

I love my Winchester SX3-it is the fastest shotgun on the planet,FACT!

Or is it just Mr Flanigan has a rapid trigger finger :good:

Bullet Boy..good you like your SX3, frankly I think they are pretty decent muself, and not much argument from many I suspect it is very fast, but I can't remember the last time I heard anyone complain their 3 shot did not cycle fast enough.....and how often do you get the chance to shoot vast numbers of close clays like in the promotion video!! :lol::lol:

ATB!!

I wanted to buy the new Browning Maxus but the swines had sold it, and they are not sure when exactly the new lot are coming in and I dont want to drive miles, so left to choose from is the Beretta Urika, Benelli Monty, and the Winchester SX3, I would seriously like some opinions from those that know about the above :good:

Thanks

Alan

My first gun and love it, urika 2 classic, 4 months old from a dealer with 9 years transferable warranty, bought the stripdown manual from seamus on shotgun world, great for

lack of recoil and a breeze to clean after every shoot, 15mins max strip.

I have been offered a Benelli M2 mint for £750.00 it at Trulock and Harris so you know its dearer but they do give service and 1 years warranty on all secondhand sales ------ any thoughts anyone?:good:?:lol:???

Alan

If it's a comfor-tec you have stole it, they came with a 3 year warranty anyway so unless it is very old ?

I just bought me 1st semi auto about a week half back. Winchester Sx3 all purpose field dressed in camo. Soon as put the 1st shot through her on a roost shoot i fell in love with it. You know when some thing feels right and this did. I sold an bettinsoli which i was totally useless with. 2yrs i had it. And 10 months she was left in the cabinet. I couldn't hit a barn door with it. So i used the proceeds of that to go towards this gun. And i'm really pleased with the gun i chose. I hope what ever you chose mate you'l be as happy with it as i am with mine. ALL the best :good::lol::lol: .

Gareth

:yes::lol: