TROLLS AND P155 TAKERS

SNAKEBITE

When someone new comes on the board and makes a series of crass comments can the first person to reply put him straight in a CONSTRUCTIVE way. Passing on relevant legal information if needed.

After that first reply if the error of their ways is seen then it's welcome aboard. If they continue to try and poke it up then GIVE THEM THE COLD SHOULDER!!

DO NOT CONTINUE TO REPLY TO THEM AS ALL WE ARE DOING IS DRAGGING IT DOWN TO A LEVEL WE DO NOT WANT TO GO TO!!!

I am sugesting this as someone who likes being on this forum and have seen a few regular names disapear. I wonder why that is?

Admin obviously have the final say but we can all help out and not leave it to Cranfield all the time.

How about it?

Its good advice to ignore stupid, immature postings.

If nobody responds they will be deleted quickly.

The difficulty Admin has, is that it wants to encourage lively debate and good factual discussion, but by letting a thread develop, it can quickly descend into farce.

If the thread is then deleted, a lot of the sensible comments are lost.

Its good advice to ignore stupid, immature postings.

If nobody responds they will be deleted quickly.

The difficulty Admin has, is that it wants to encourage lively debate and good factual discussion, but by letting a thread develop, it can quickly descend into farce.

If the thread is then deleted, a lot of the sensible comments are lost.

There have been a couple of incidents recently that have started badly and gone down hill rapidly! The "How can I turn my i2lber into a grenade launcher and shoot elephant?" type of thing

These I think have served no purpose at all. These are the ones that should be ignored.

The "lively" debate threads are what is needed. Things have slowed up on here recently and I think a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE banter is needed.

So cranfield what is best .177 or .22? :lol::lol:

Sometimes when a person with limited computer experience and therefore no forum experience comes onto a site like this it's easy to take the Pi** with your first few questions because you don't realise the serious aspect straight away and it takes time to settle down .

My interpretation of the recent topic S410 and screw adjustment (by dave killer)was made by such a character...................basically seeking a source of entertainment as opposed to a source of infomation.

Basically i was the same myself a few months ago :lol: ............and in some peoples eyes still am :lol::lol:

However i do welcome a strong difference of opinion and people that defend their views no matter what.........and together with an element of pi** taking you have the basis of an interesting forum :o

And yes .......certain new members need bringing down a peg ,In a constructive way ..............a appproach which I sadly lack

Ive