Lucky to be alive

Topgunners

Wow, you were certainly being looked after from on high! Glad you and the dog are fine and hope insurance sorts all out - main thing is you are not hurt [but watch out for later side effects - internal bruising etc].

Many years ago,I put a Discovery mark 1 on its side [reversing in the dark at about 5mph and there was a bit of a drop down to a parade ground]. For about three weeks, I could only stammer and not talk properly but the biggest so & so was that the vehicle was not written off and it was a nightmare until I traded it in for a new mark 2 Discovery a year or so later.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A very close call there Dave. Good to know you and dog walked away with only bumps and bruises.

Pavman, I'd probably be looking to change my tyres now if I was in your shoes. That or drive around like a geriatric for the time being (I'm sure there's a line there for someone).

I drive like an ole **** anyway it takes an hr to get to work at 50 or 80 for some strange reason, traction on the road traction on the mud whats a boy to do BFG all terrain its the way forward at £550 a set fitted i expect to stay on the rubber not the roof :yes:

Edited by pavman

Well folks; all I can say is, thankyou for all of your concerned posts. Now I have had time to think about what happened and what could have happened; it makes you think a lot differently than before.

I visited the crash scene and the garage today to see if I could come to a conclusion. There were no potholes as such and the tyre could probably have hit a nail or something. I will have to wait to see if the loss adjuster/mechanic can advise.

I am gutted that the jeep is wrecked as you can forget all your polls; I will be buying another Isuzu , as soon as I can find a decent one (without fitted wings preferably)

The dog has a slight injury to his ear, as I found out when I tried to fuss him yesterday and he yelped out loud. I Went to the vet tonight but he said it might just be bruising.

Whilst at the garage the vehicle next to mine put my crash into perspective. There were 2 adults in the front and a child in the back and a baby in a car-seat.. A "juggy" had ploughed into the back of them and crushed them into a van in front. The engine was hanging out the side of the vehicle, all doors and panels smashed, roof "v" shaped and the motor HALF it's original length. All the occupants were brought out alive but unfortunately 3 are likely to die shortly. So sad.

Like all my friends have said " when it's your time your gone." Saturday wasn't mine.

I will be out shooting tomorrow and test-driving a Disco into the bargain. Cheers ALan

Dave K