Hard work decoying today

proTOM1

Was joined today bybarney and stu for a bash at the pigeons , was setup in 3 hides ,3 different fields . 1 field was wheat (birds after chick weed ) 1 covering a flight line to some rape and me on a maize strip .

It was very warm but with a nice wind blowing but it was a slow start but by 2 pm they started to move and boy there was some moving just could not get them to decoy , would get the odd 1 throw it self in but other well most had a look then carryed on .

I later found out they were heading to a nearby lake for a drink :hmm:

Like i said it was hard work and for me i was having to take long shots pulling off some great shots at that .

If the birds were playing we all said with what we had seen around and going past it could well of been red letter day for us all but nevermind still a good day out :hmm:

Final bag was 79 pic taken in chiller as left camra at home :unsure:

post-12734-1272137174.jpg

Cheers Tom for another great day. Pity most of the birds didn't want to decoy, if they had would of been really good :good:

they might start playing ball again now we have had some rain ,good amount still there this morning when i was checking the crow traps :hmm: