varmints in Canada

It is a long trip but may be interesting. I am a farmer and outfitter in western Canada (Saskatchewan) We are in the middle of a gopher plague. 500 shots a day would be common. They are a ground squirrel about the size of tree squirrels. Custom made for rimfires and small centerfire. As a exploratory special I am offering three days with motel room for 225lbs.Also airport pickup. It isn't culling in Africa but could be interesting. Of course you could travel the west while here. Firearms easy to enter with. Party of 3 or 4 would be great. regards ;):)

The gophers will be out in numbers till august. Then they start hibernating. The young will be here in about two weeks.For a good shoot should come before august.Also the occasional crow and magpie. I don't know if they are direct relation to your birds but have the same attitude.

Check flights into REGINA , Saskatcewan(about 2 hour drive to my place) and also into Calgary ,Alberta(about 6 to my place) I would probably pick you up in Regina. If you were spending a few days extra then Calgary is only 60 miles from the Rocky Mountains,cowboys and all that.

Guest stiv24

We flew to Canada for 2 weeks skiing at the start of the month. We used Canadian Affair and flew into Calgary, a return ticket cost £300. If your seriously considering it pay the extra £90 for a seat upgrade, I wish we did. If I'm thinking of the right place you will also need an internal flight from Calgary to Kelowna which was about £70.

I wish I knew about this then.

Stiv21 you went west from Calgary,I am east. Gram71 -Your uncle is about 2000 miles eat of me near Toronto. Check one of those google maps. Find the Province of Saskatchewan, then find the Trans Canada Hiway. On the hiway are two cities. One is Moose Jaw the other Swift Current.I am at a small town between them called Morse, actually my farm is 5 miles south of town. I have a great neighbour, a war bride, came from London,didn't know a chicken from a cow but stayed.Husband was bomber pilot , shot down and spent two years in German prison camp.

mickeyfinn-I never heard you were in Canada. When Prince Harry is training here we hear all about it. He comes to Suffield Base ,near Medicine Hat. You must have wanted to keep a low profile. ;):)

I spent 6 weeks at Med Hat and loved it. Not shooting, but helping getting a training system to work. The beer and food were great :hmm: We used to see Coyotes in the fields on the way in and had gofers and rabbits running around the building we worked in. I'd go back in a flash.

Who ever takes up the offer will have a cracking time. :D