New DIY Syndicate Memberships Available

10WM and I are in the process of completing the the paperwork to re establish a currently abandoned shoot located in the Mold area of North Wales. We currently have a number of friends lined up who wish to join the shoot provided it does get off the ground and there are no hiccups.

The shoot will be DIY keeper ed, and therefore will require all members to actively participate in working parties, feeding trapping etc. The shoot is not massive, but will present some stunning birds.

Costs are still being determined, but we anticipate the subscription including BASC membership to be in the region of £700.

At the moment I would like to receive PMs with email addresses from PW members who live within acceptable travelling distance of Mold, who would like to join a working syndicate, and are able to make the commitment in time of a few hours per week on a rota basis (flexible). The bulk of the work takes place primarily from when we get the green light up to a couple of weeks before the the hour goes back. After that the work requirement declines dramatically, but feeders and drinkers still need attention.

I'm not currently looking for any immediate financial commitment, but would require swift payment once the green light is received.

If the shoot sounds like what you are looking for, please PM me.

webber

I'm looking for something like this. I'm starting my training to be a firefighter from June 7th for 13 weeks, but after that I'll be on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern so could really put some time in.

Is there any pest control opps and chances for lads to get FAC?

I have the money waiting now as this is just about within my means, but I'd like to do pest control as well as pheasants.

I'm looking for something like this. I'm starting my training to be a firefighter from June 7th for 13 weeks, but after that I'll be on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern so could really put some time in.

I have the money waiting now as this is just about within my means, but I'd like to do pest control as well as pheasants.

Never happen mate :good: trust me :lol:

Yes & Yes

webber

Ok gents sorry about the sarchasm but our syndicate is 350 a year and we release 150 to 200 birds every season ,there are 10 members and we all pitch in on work days etc.This is a DIY shoot ,see if land owner will drop his shooting rites a bit for you GOOD LUCK and happy hunting.

10WM and I were in the shoot area again yesterday, and completed our jigsaw with regards to landowners. We have met with all but one, and all are fully supportive of the shoot being re established. We've managed to negotiate a couple of very useful extensions to the shoot.

We'll soon be ready to make our formal application to CCW for grant of license, and then be in a position to kick to syndicate off.

webber

• 2 weeks later...
Ok gents sorry about the sarchasm but our syndicate is 350 a year and we release 150 to 200 birds every season ,there are 10 members and we all pitch in on work days etc.This is a DIY shoot ,see if land owner will drop his shooting rites a bit for you GOOD LUCK and happy hunting.

What do you get for that, one drive :whistling::good:

Gents

10WM and I, accompanied by Ian Danby of BASC and two officers from Countryside Council for Wales spent around 5 hours on the shoot today viewing and discussing various aspects of the shoot and the requirements of the SSSI citation, and how it would impact on the operation of the shoot.

The meeting was cordial, informative and very useful. Whilst we await formal notice in writing, we are of the opinion that we will be granted the necessary consent to operate the shoot within the SSSI, and that we will be permitted to extend two of the 3 pens. They will support limited coppicing and felling of a limited number of non native species of tree, and they will support our control of pests including Mink and Grey Squirrel; altogether a very positive meeting.

10WM and I now feel that given that time is fast running out, and that consent is now imminent, it would be prudent to call an inaugural meeting of persons interested in joining the syndicate, and put matters on a formal footing to permit a rapid start on working parties once formal consent is received and the leases signed.

We therefore intend to call a meeting to be held at the Pied Bull Hotel; High Street; Newton Le Willows; WA12 9SH; at 7:30pm on Tuesday 22nd. June. (that's next Tuesday).. I will try to obtain the function room.

The Pied Bull is very easy to access from M6; M62; A580 (East Lancs Road) there is plenty of car parking space to the rear of the pub. It may be prudent to bring your cheque book or cash to enable a first stage payment to be made to secure a position. The maximum number of members (guns) will be 14.

If you wish to join, but shall be unable to attend the meeting, please contact me to arrange to have your first cheque with the treasurer in time for the meeting.

I shall forward to all recipients of this email an agenda for the meeting in due course.

Regards to all

webber

Just a heads up for the meeting on TUESDAY.

Meeting to be held at the Pied Bull Hotel; High Street; Newton Le Willows; WA12 9SH; at 7:30pm on Tuesday 22nd. June. (that's next Tuesday).. I have obtained the function room.

The Pied Bull is very easy to access from M6; M62; A580 (East Lancs Road) there is plenty of car parking space to the rear of the pub.

webber

Last reminder for the meeting TOMORROW

Meeting to be held at the Pied Bull Hotel;

High Street;

Newton Le Willows;

WA12 9SH;

at 7:30pm on Tuesday 22nd. June..

I have obtained the function room.

The Pied Bull is very easy to access from M6; M62; A580 (East Lancs Road) there is plenty of car parking space to the rear of the pub.

webber

The meeting was quite well attended, and appologies received from 3 potential members.

So far we have opted to go for a slimmed down option to take into account the possible shortfall in membership, there is however still time to change the plan.

The few vacancies that exist to allow plan A to function have been advertised on Guns on Pegs.

Many thanks to all PW members who expressed interest, attended the meeting, and have given the project their support.

webber