which crow call, ?

I took Steve from Wales advice on here and got the 'Primos power crow'.Once you have perfected the various calls and sounds,i've found it to be devestatingly effective.You get used to how much to press your teeth to alter the pitch and all i did is thread a piece of string through the end to hang it round my neck.Then i call them in with gun already mounted,but have to be careful incase the recoil makes me swallow the damn thing.

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=313705

I took Steve from Wales advice on here and got the 'Primos power crow'.Once you have perfected the various calls and sounds,i've found it to be devestatingly effective.You get used to how much to press your teeth to alter the pitch and all i did is thread a piece of string through the end to hang it round my neck.Then i call them in with gun already mounted,but have to be careful incase the recoil makes me swallow the damn thing.

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=313705

Hi imperfection & nickbeardo,

thanks for info, think i will give one a try, :big_boss:

go for one of corvusSam's (as above) I bought one a couple of weeks back, lifetime gurantee and helpful advice too, straight out of the envelope and using his technique, the sounds were great, on getting out in the field, I mastered the better technique he advises too, well worth the money

check out his items of the famous auction site, he's also a member on here, same user name

As mentioned. The Primos caller for around £10 is a brilliant one. You have to practice until you get it right, which is not too difficult. Many people have said the caller is rubbish, only because they do not know how to use it properly. I have used mine with excellent results. I can call in crow/rook,jackdaw and even seagulls!

Highly recommended. :blink: :hmm:

I have had a lot of success on Grey Crows with the acme crow call; again you need to practise a bit to find out the correct amount of pressure to apply to the call.

The ACME caller is good, but I find this better for Jackdaw's owing to it's higher pitch. Worth the money though. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Sam neyts handmade crow caller is by far the best of them all. I bought one a few months ago and I've shot tons of crows over it. Its a bit pricy but its well worth the money I even sent mine back (because the **** of a dog got hold of it and broke the top off :o ) and he fixed it free of charge, great buyer to deal with. :o

Just ordered one from corvussam on *bay on the glowing reports here. :good:

when you get it, find a field to practise in, try coughing without opening you mouth, but with the call held between your lips, cupping the call helps with different sounds too :good:

when you get it, find a field to practise in, try coughing without opening you mouth, but with the call held between your lips, cupping the call helps with different sounds too :good:

Thanks for the tips. I'll report back once I have had some practice. I hope I don't swallow the dam thing with the recoil of the shotgun! :good:

ive had 1 for about 6 to 9 months now, i wouldnt leave home without it. I use it as if you were clearing your throat or as if u have something on the back off your tongue, lke a hair for instance, its effective FOR attracting passing birds to notic the decoys, asfter that i let them come onin to coyswith the odd caw, not too much though.

ive had 1 for about 6 to 9 months now, i wouldnt leave home without it. I use it as if you were clearing your throat or as if u have something on the back off your tongue, lke a hair for instance, its effective FOR attracting passing birds to notic the decoys, asfter that i let them come onin to coyswith the odd caw, not too much though.

I definetely agree with this I find if you use it too much it just scares the birds away, a few blasts now and again produce the best results in my opinion :unsure:

FOR Mine i paid £40, but your getting quality from a craftsman.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385"> Edited by mayfly36