Holiday Cottages

Markio

Hi all,

Long story but my wife's girls holiday cottage has fallen through (was an almost freebie from a friend of a friend). As i wasn't going and she was taking the nipper I was going to get the week off home alone roaming the house in my pants soaked in whiskey and trying to get as much shooting in as possible. Now that looks set not to happen!!! :blush::)

So help a fellow PW'er PLEASE!!! Does anyone have any holiday cottage recommendations they can share? Needs to 'house' 3 adults and a child (and possibly a dog but not a necessity). Price wise £400-500 a week (or cheaper!). Distance from Essex not too important but more than 300 miles will be a bit of a push.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeassssssssse. :rolleyes:

Hiya, This is my mates holiday let....lovely setting in Central Scotland, right on the Lochside...( Trout Fishing )..well, about 20 yds anyway...tell him I sent you..:).

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/glasgow/80617

If you fancy it, bring a gun or two, I'll take you out on a couple of my permissions..:rolleyes:

Edited by Norrie

Hi all,

Long story but my wife's girls holiday cottage has fallen through (was an almost freebie from a friend of a friend). As i wasn't going and she was taking the nipper I was going to get the week off home alone roaming the house in my pants soaked in whiskey and trying to get as much shooting in as possible. Now that looks set not to happen!!! :blush::)

So help a fellow PW'er PLEASE!!! Does anyone have any holiday cottage recommendations they can share? Needs to 'house' 3 adults and a child (and possibly a dog but not a necessity). Price wise £400-500 a week (or cheaper!). Distance from Essex not too important but more than 300 miles will be a bit of a push.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeassssssssse. :rolleyes:

Hiya, This is my mates holiday let....lovely setting in Central Scotland, right on the Lochside...( Trout Fishing )..well, about 20 yds anyway...tell him I sent you..:lol:.

If you fancy it, bring a gun or two, I'll take you out on a couple of my permissions..:P

Hi Norrie,

Thanks for the input and the offer but at £950 and in Scotland it doesn't meet much of the criteria.

http://www.cornishgems.com/holiday-cottages.html

We have two Akitas which go on holiday with us. We have had a variety of cottages from various companies. Some good, some awful. I have sued the odd one.

The company above is the best I have dealt with - full stop. Totally spotless and as described. Price might be dearer at this time of year.

Ketts in Norfolk was very good. http://www.kettcountrycottages.co.uk/

Edited by Gordon R

Hi mate,you could try www.barncottages.co.uk old converted barn set in suffolk,nice people and settings and they do caravans and camping,if you fancied a suffolk hall house you could try broughton hall a working farm,the owners of these are related and places are not to far apart.

ATB

Karl

They could do alot worse than go here Markio. We went in February. had a lovely time,dramatic scenery and good pub nearby. Beach is 100 m away and looks like it has potential. Wood burning stoves and is DOG FRIENDLY !!!!!!!!!

Very reasonable too.

Edited by vole

:lol: :o :o Thats the trouble with these scots they cant bloody read, and that they can read they dont bloody understand....and we let them vote ?? :)

Aha, Theres no date on the OP's first post, and its still only £550 a week till the end of May..then from Aug right through......and if you'd read the ad, you'd see the owner will haggle on prices, him being a typical type from Engerlandshire......... :lol:

BTW, Owner is from Wolverhampton... :lol: oh, and "Scots" has a capital "S".....I can read AND write.... :rolleyes:

AND, my permissions have Roe Deer, Foxes, etc etc on them..so, that would probs be worth a few bob.........dont know many cottage lets that give you that free... :lol:

Thank God for Hadrian!! :):)

Anyway, hope you have a great relaxing week away...:(

Shame about your distance limit, Scotland (the Highlands any way) is a pretty darn spectacular place to spend a week in a cottage.

Hiya, yep it is that..got a mate with a let in Poolewe....wayyyyy up the west coast...nice place......depends what yer looking for tho' I suppose....I used to live and go to school in Marylebone, and loved the big city life..:)

Edited by Norrie

Hiya, This is my mates holiday let....lovely setting in Central Scotland, right on the Lochside...( Trout Fishing )..well, about 20 yds anyway...tell him I sent you..:lol:.

If you fancy it, bring a gun or two, I'll take you out on a couple of my permissions..:lol:

Looks fantastic!!