where to get fox carts???????

after putting a post on a while back asking whats best i cant find any in my local shops, am looking for size 1s or 2s for my 12g anyone know of any shops in Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire area who may stock them only want one box so i can take a few out when shooting

thanks colin

Edited by colin lad

You need to look further east towards Norfolk or East Anglia where the gunshops cater more for wildfowlers. No dealer in Bedford is likely to get enough demand to warrant stocking those sort of cartridges.

do you know of any i guess a day out by the seaside wouldn't be a bad thing lol

colin

You could try Eaststaffs in Sandy (above Buildbase) or R&K Stockcraft in Stony Stratford ( a bit further but a crackling shop and nice bloke running it), or even The Barn Shop near royston

AB

will try these first as they aint to far thanks all,,

Guest cookoff013
I was going to say justcartridges. I had some Lyalvale Max Game 36g AAA's off them recently.

if you can just go to your local dealer, he will surely have a box there. if he doesnt, thats very odd.

42g BB is a good favourite for shooting foxes. as its still2,3/4" so shouyld be freely available.

the last i bought was a pk of 10 for £3. gamebore brand. i`d recomend 1or BB but to keep the shotcount high, go for 42g load.

if you can just go to your local dealer, he will surely have a box there. if he doesnt, thats very odd.

42g BB is a good favourite for shooting foxes. as its still2,3/4" so shouyld be freely available.

the last i bought was a pk of 10 for £3. gamebore brand. i`d recomend 1or BB but to keep the shotcount high, go for 42g load.

local dealer didnt have anything like that will look further afield 42g bb sounds good if they are 2,3/4

thanks colin

Guest cookoff013
local dealer didnt have anything like that will look further afield 42g bb sounds good if they are 2,3/4

thanks colin

he really should have some,

its a classic load. its just below magnum status, but it does tick all the boxes and turn off the lights.

most of our locals don't stock much heavywise as they simply don't sell them. You can't use them for wildfowling and most foxes are shot with much smaller shot, its just people want to try the big stuff once after that they go back to more sensible loads. I struggled getting 4's but found some in the end and they work well, most local keepers round me on a vermin day the other week had 5's at the most

thanks mate sporting targets was one i had been to but will try other shop where is gun cupboard?

Did they not have anything suitable at Sporting Targets? Thats where I get my fox loads from (Gamebore Buffalo 36g number 1).

ZB

Did they not have anything suitable at Sporting Targets? Thats where I get my fox loads from (Gamebore Buffalo 36g number 1).

ZB

it was sporting targets that suggested larger shot but they didnt have any am going over to sandy next week

colin