tonights buck

cocker3

went to one of my farms the other night to have a look round and as soon as i got there the farmer said he needed a favor from me .can you shoot me a buck for a friend and dress it please if its not to much trouble .happy days so tonight it was a lovely evening so i went down to the shoot to see if i could get a buck for him.

i had alook round a couple of fields and then found the perfect buck to get he,s an old chap thats been round for a few years and he,s started to go back and he,s easy to pick out as he has a limp on his left rear leg i have seen him from time to time. so stalked into him from 2 fields away he was feeding on a grass strip on the side of a rape field after getting the wind in my face it was an easy stalk from there using the rape as cover i stalked to within 60 yards of him and had a good look at him from there .

he was still unaware i was there and after deciding to take him it shot him and he fell where he stood he never even heard the bang on inspection i was spot on to take him as he had 4 front lower teeth and 3 molers on the lower jaw and not a tooth in his upper jaw bet he was still a good weight and in good condition but it was his time .and the farmer is going to be a happy bunnie tommorow

bet he was a crackering head a season or 2 ago .nice one
hi derek he was a nice head 4 years ago :rolleyes: but he was cute and never realy gave you a chance of a stalk(suppose thats why he got so big ) :rolleyes: then he went missing 2years a go and never seen him all year the turned up one night last year but to late to geat him with a good rack on him as he was going back by then:good: