GMTV fox attack

bignoel

gmtv tomorrow morning at 7.45am been asked to give my opinion live on tv on this attack and my forms of fox control etc and why we need to control foxes and looking at the itv news tonight i guess defending the fox against me is BILL ODDIE :yahoo:

just a thought noel , but what are your opinions on this attack ?? dog bite or fact that it is a fox ??

gmtv tomorrow morning at 7.45am been asked to give my opinion live on tv on this attack and my forms of fox control etc and why we need to control foxes and looking at the itv news tonight i guess defending the fox against me is BILL ODDIE :lol:

I dare ya to take a large portion of black puddin' in with you...... It'll disarm him before you start... he won't stand a chance :yahoo::shoot::good:

Go on go on go on go on!

just a thought noel , but what are your opinions on this attack ?? dog bite or fact that it is a fox ??

my opinion on this is a fox is a oppertunist hunter and a crying baby upstairs in a house to a hungrey fox with proberly 5 mouths to feed would sound like a distressed animal .and we all know what foxes think of animals in distress DINNER . it is possible i would say althou it does not hunt humans as a source of food but does not mean the odd hungrey fox would not try his luck on a baby given the chance after all they will carry away a young piglet /lamb and just maybe this fox tried to attempt to carry off the distressed child causeing the injuries :yahoo:

my opinion on this is a fox is a oppertunist hunter and a crying baby upstairs in a house to a hungrey fox with proberly 5 mouths to feed would sound like a distressed animal .and we all know what foxes think of animals in distress DINNER . it is possible i would say althou it does not hunt humans as a source of food but does not mean the odd hungrey fox would not try his luck on a baby given the chance after all they will carry away a young piglet /lamb and just maybe this fox tried to attempt to carry off the distressed child causeing the injuries :shoot:

Don't know if anyone can help here or do some VERY swift Googling but you would do well to find out what BO's views are on predator control in rural environments. We all know his attitude towards birds but you may just stay one step ahead if you know, possibly, the arguments he is likely to use.

Remember, he is good at this and has spent most of his life in front of tv cameras, you can also bet your a.r.s.e. he has had a press team putting together a brief and a response. Just wouldn't want to see you back footed, I know it's late but is there anyone at BASC who could give you any advice? :yahoo:

Hmmm here's one little snippet from his website:

"Foxes

Again a matter of getting lucky. Or unlucky, if you're kept awake by the blood curdling noises foxes make! Urban foxes are getting bolder. Last year, I had one refuse to move from its sleeping place by my back door; whilst another wouldn't leave the garden until he'd eaten a whole brood of newly fledged Blackbirds! Sad, but he was ever so handsome."

Guess that answers that then but I am unsure as to his attitude when it comes to crop/livestock and revenue protection. I doubt very much any argument for culling to protect humans will carry much weight as it is such a freak incident...

Edited by Vipa

Maybe explain the reason why this accident may of taken place , and why people need to be careful.

Also explain the damage then can do and this is the reason why you carry out pest control at the request of farmers etc....but i wouldnt get into a conversation of the rights and wrongs of it to be honest.

Then invite him out for a session live on air....and see what is reaction will be :shoot::good::lol::lol:

Good Luck I shall watch it tomorrow :yahoo:

i shall tell it as it is fact bill who :good: i dont get worried at all and it will proberly only last a few secounds but i shant allow him to speak over me :yahoo:my phone has never been so busy with fox calls :shoot:

Well get out and shoot a couple mate,take them with you tomorrow,give them to the Oddie one,then you can agree with him,that foxs are harmless,but only when DEAD :lol::lol: BB