zeroed my new purchase in today (thankyou njc), used a pallet of railway sleepers as a backstop.

dug out one of the heads, this had already gone through a 9" sleeper (edge on) and was about 1/2" into the second row.

Jst goes to show how powerful this round is, the ammo i used was remington 140gr core lokt. at a distance of 100yds.

Edited by GRAM71

I would expect a .223 to just bounce off, a 22-250 would go straight through of course

Sorry, I am just the relief BS'er standing in until the next one comes along :good:

I did try my 22/250 when i first got it, it didn't make it to the otherside...

R.I.P little 22/250, god rest your soul.

My first eye opener was with a sleeper too. Not a whole one but an offcut about a foot long. I stood it up on end and pinned a target to it in front of the sand backstop at the range, walked back 50 yards and shot it. I was thinking there was a chance it may knock it flying. As it turned out I thought I'd missed because when I fired the sleeper didn't move? It was only when I went to look at it that I could see that the round had gone right through and the little offcut didn't even wobble let alone fall over! That was with a 130grn Barnes TSX over a start load of Varget.

It's scary stuff, but then you should see what a car travelling at 60mph can do to someones house. With a bit of respect the rifle is no more dangerous. :good: