9mm Garden gun

wacker

Another problem with garden guns is that a lot of them have barrels which are only 23" or 23.5". That means they cannot be held under section 2 (i.e a shotgun) but need an FAC. If your local FEO gets out his tape measure you may have problems.

All in all they are not worth the hassle for a gun with such poor performance and expensive ammo!

Badsworth

I had the use of one as a lad. It was perfect for blatting rats around animal sheds/barns etc. Range was about 10 yards. Main advantage over the air rifle was that you could shoot a moving target/shoot the rats through wire. Great fun. OK it is very limited in its application, but for the above, it was spot on. And yes the ammo is costly.

I started my shooting life with a no-3 garden gun...in my uncles barns shooting mice in the rafters!

super little bolt action shotty, ideal for teaching kids the basics, but not a great deal else!

I have heard fantastical tales of extrodinary shots with the garden gun, but if you believe 90% of what you see, and only 25% of what you hear...you'll not go far wrong :devil:

OK then,

Here's a tale about the 9mm garden gun

A keeper friend told a tale about his Dad's 9mm garden gun, which he still had and used for rats.

Dad would occasionally take out the shot from the cartridge and stick a solid slug on the end. (Naughty man ! :lol: )

He took a pot shot at my mate's little metal pedal car that he had when he were a lad. And the bullet hit the hollow metal wheel, and stayed inside it, so that whenever the nipper went anywhere in his pedal car, the bullet would clank about in the wheel.

A long time ago.