Shocked

deputy dog

I bought a new airgun the other day. The dealer threw in a tin of Accupells for free, which i thought was decent enough, considering the pretty good discount he gave me for the stuff i bought. So i decided to get a few more tins, so i wont have to bother going back down for a good few months at least. Got to say i had the shock of my life and my eye's couldn't belive the prices they were seeing on the tins. The Accupells were £9.99 for 500 :unsure: :angry: . And others were considerably dearer then that. Now if you appreciate that i aint actually bought pellets for the last 9 yrs or so, hence not owning an air rifle for the same period of time. I was dumfounded to see such an increase in price. Acupells were about 5quid a tin when i last bought them all those years back. Iv heard that the price of lead as gone up. But i worked it out about 2p a shot in a tin of 500. Cant see me doing a lot of plinking with my new rifle. Zeroing an hunting will be the norm. Coke cans an the other usuall plinking target need not apply. Any of you feeling the pinch when buying ammo for your airguns.

ATB

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

Air Gun Pellets are mostly made overseas

Processing Lead has been greatly effected by International Safety Requirements

Plus like most other metals - not a lot around so prices have risen

Often read of Metal prices being quoted and sums working out that the Lead only costs pennies

What forgotten is Market price is Base price - Lead has to be brought - turned into Sheet or Wire

Before processing for pellets - And transported between suppliers and manaufactures

Then Shipped around from Manufacture to Distributors and Shops

Also Transport costs seem to rise most Monthly accounts with Fuel surcharges

If there was such a good Profit / Mark up - more Shops and Manufactures would be involved

BOB/R

I'm using airarms hunter pellets as i find them the most consistent and hard hitting, logun penetrators go through and don't hit but arent to bad for head shots but at 12 quid for 350 i go air arms at 12 quid for 500. pricey but they are what i need! buy some eley wasps for plinking! keep the expensive stuff for when you need consistency

I buy rws super fields in .177 x 500 £6 a tin (ish),no better pellet needed,its fast flat and hits hard,so stop wasting your money :good:

hi m8 just been getting a theoban sirocco in .177 from this site .trying bisly mags 10.2g what weight are these pellets.ps

gota tin of old fav wasps 8.2 g??? to put through. payed £9.70 inc p/p for mags m8 any help will save me some cash bi [flapper123] :yes:

Sportsman Guncentre Newport. Dear as hell down there. But its the only place thats sells decent airgun ammo. But i think i got enough to last me a few months.

There are quite a few Gun Shops in the South Wales area that stock good Pellets.I buy from Neath Gun Shop,also South and Country Sports in Kenfig Hill or Keens Guns in Aberkenfig. :good:

I'm using airarms hunter pellets as i find them the most consistent and hard hitting, logun penetrators go through and don't hit but arent to bad for head shots but at 12 quid for 350 i go air arms at 12 quid for 500. pricey but they are what i need! buy some eley wasps for plinking! keep the expensive stuff for when you need consistency

Sounds liike you are using 20.50 - is it FAC Rated ?

I do boxes of Exterminators / Same as Loguns - Different Boxes

.22 - 16.00 Grains

.177 - 9.50 Grains

In 500 Boxes @ £10.00 UK Posted .....

BOB/R

thats why they call it rip of britan mate so why do all foreiners want to *** here ?

Bit of a niaive reply - It cost around about the same wherever you are - I actually pay more for Gammo pellets in Spain, and to be kind, they aren't very good - not in my hardware anyway.

And at 2 pence a shot - what on earth do you want - re-useable pellets??

i live in shrewsbury and i pay 11 pounds for 500 superdomes. count yourself lucky mate, the lady that owns the shop was charging close onto 13 for a tin of the new accupells. :hmm:

Sounds about right, ive always bought the AA field diablos, and they seem to be abotu 12quid a tin. Have been for ages, regardless of where I buy them from. Did see them for 15quid in one shop once!

Sportsman Guncentre Newport. Dear as hell down there. But its the only place thats sells decent airgun ammo. But i think i got enough to last me a few months.

Was in A Bales & sons this morning RWS superdomes .22 £8.40 i think and good range if not 100's in stock Also had Bisley Flats same price and others Air arms were £10 ish i think but if i decided to break out my HW95K I would be going back to Bales, they have a new website coming and some decent offers so worth a call if your going to be in the area...http://www.arthurbale.co.uk/

Edited by HDAV

• 2 weeks later...

logun penetrators 8.36 shefield air rifles , 10 packs 89 quid dellivered