New Baby

ollie

Well collected my new CZ 452 Style .22lr 16" yesterday and I only got out for an hour yesterday evening to zero due to the weather. Anyhow this evening was perfect and there were lots of rabbits out so I decided to go and try and christen the new gun. Due to the tall grass in places the first couple of rabbits I had to fire at free hand (which I don't think I am good enough to do yet :( ) , also I think I need more experience on the range as I was aiming too low as I thought the rabbits were too close (I zeroed at 50 yards).

So thought I may have been empty handed; got to another field and noticed one about 45 yards and the gate was perfect height for leaning on. Aimed just behind the shoulder and first kill :no: . Collected the rabbit and walked another 100 yards and another rabbit foolishly sat even though I was only 20 yards away; aimed straight at it and went straight through the ribcage.

Not a huge bag (could have shot more) but only wanted a couple of young bunnies for the ferret and also wanted to christen the new gun.

post-21-1277846752.jpg

Bag with new gun

post-21-1277846797.jpg

Close up to show the good shot placement :oops:

Close-up of the gorgeous new baby :oops:

post-21-1277846933.jpg

Also had a bonus tonight. Got a new permission about a month ago and shot 8 rabbits on it. Anyway the owner was on to me this evening asking me to come back and this time I have the tool for the job.

Nice rifle and a great way to christen it! :):lol::good:

I take it you will not be staying much during the evenings for a week or so now! :lol::hmm::lol:

Frenchie I have so many permissions that are full of bunnies and my patience has finally paid off with the rifle. Weather over here is not great at the moment for .22lr shooting so when it calms down I will get out a bit more.

Go to Wilkos and get 2 garden sticks, bolt near the top.... there you go a nice a cheap set of sticks. Remenber to put a piece of rubber around one of the sticks to stop them clashing together or your get a allfull ting noise. enjoy....

Unfortunately we don't have wilkos over here... :lol: . Was thinking of cutting myself a nice hazel stick with a V on the top; will hopefully double up as a walking stick and shooting stick.

if you call down to my house mate my stoney-point stix are at the back door...

Look forward to trying out the CZ, what ammo did you zero with?

Ah I'll be grand without the sticks mate, thanks for the offer. McCloys didn't have a great selection, zeroed her with Remington subs (she like them) and Winchester Super X Super Speed HP High Velocity (she likes them too). She doesn't like Winchester Subs as much but I'll get up to Glass next Thursday and get some Eley Subs.

Ah I'll be grand without the sticks mate, thanks for the offer. McCloys didn't have a great selection, zeroed her with Remington subs (she like them) and Winchester Super X Super Speed HP High Velocity (she likes them too). She doesn't like Winchester Subs as much but I'll get up to Glass next Thursday and get some Eley Subs.

So McCloy's finally have super X's again! :hmm: Mine's usin Win T22's, they seem grand.