Blackie shooting available

As the wheat is now entering grain fill the rooks etc, have set about it in a BIG way. There are many hundreds of them here and it would suit more than one person I would have thought.

Insurance and licence will need to be available for inspection please.

PM me to be considered for this.

Thanks

Badshot

Ok all just got in from spraying,

Awge your pm hasn't come to me so don't be upset by no reply. ( just found it sorry) :hmm:

Good response.

Could all who replied let me know days that they are available as they are likely to be at it for a week or two now they have started.

Hi mallet glad to hear that about licence, I was getting worried it may come back again.

Thanks again Badshot.

I am replying to all individually but it takes a while waiting to be allowed to do it.

Edited by badshot

Just so there is no confusion.

This is an offer from me, the farmer, to let you chaps have a go at some blackies, maybe the odd pigeon about too. :hmm:

It is not an invitation to shoot anything that moves. :lol:

It is also not an open invitation to appear unannounced or regular 'permission'. :)

Don't forget, NO PAPERS, NO SHOOTING. :lol:

And due to the vagaries of the birds, I obviously cannot guarantee there will even be a single bird there unfortunately. They may sod off at the very sight of you. :good:

ATB

Badshot

Quick update.

Evil elvis had the day there today and they took one look at him and disappeared into the distance, shame really as they were here in good numbers.

If anyone local wants to have a go I will happily let you, they will be back I am sure.

If anyone is still interested let me know what days and I'll see what I can do.

I am spraying again this evening so wont see the pc again till late.

:lol: Just got in dude, thatnks for the invite, I managed a pair of crows, a pair of jackdaws and 6-7 pigeons which were hammering across your feilds to get to the peas.

Shot, well, killed everything that came into range, but 3pm there wasnt a bird in the sky.

Thanks mate, made a nice chnage. lovely part of the world. Once those crows get on it the sport should be good, there were literally hundreds there in the morning....pity they didnt want to hang around and get shot lol

Saw a red kite working the canal which was awsome!! :lol:

They said they met a madman with a gun :no: .

No really they did say they met you, and what a nice bloke you were. They are staying on my caravan site at the moment. He loves working his dogs down here.

You must have done too good an impression of worzel gummidge though, the rooks seemed to like my fert and hit it hard again today :angry: , typical isn't it. The neighbour had someone out shooting too so I guess they were being kept on the move.

To all who pm'd me for shooting :

Thank you very much, I am now set for the rest of the week I think. I have used some locals for now, it doesn't seem right to get you blokes running halfway across the country if they aren't going to play ball.

I will try to get some of you in as well though if it looks like they will give you a worthwhile day. Plus the following week is clear if they are still giving me hassle, so watch this space.

Due to the length of time it takes to do multiple pm's can ALL who are interested and have PM'd me please let me know what days you can do, I have a couple who haven't so I can't organise them into the scheme.

I am looking at a day for multi guns on Weds 7th July. And if they are still hassleing then another day on Friday. I can accommodate 4 at a time.

I will add, they really are mad for it now it seems.

Hurry up or you will miss out

Thank you again Badshot, I had a great days sport :good:

Managed 20 including a couple of pigeons.

With a quiet spell at 2:30'ish I decided I was calling it a day, so unloaded & cased the gun, took off gloves, face veil & hat, started clearing up all the empties & a dozen appeared above my head squarking at the bouncer :good: so I stayed another hour and a half.

Top day all round.

Cheers

AndyCM

Thank you again Badshot, I had a great days sport :good:

Managed 20 including a couple of pigeons.

With a quiet spell at 2:30'ish I decided I was calling it a day, so unloaded & cased the gun, took off gloves, face veil & hat, started clearing up all the empties & a dozen appeared above my head squarking at the bouncer :good: so I stayed another hour and a half.

Top day all round.

Cheers

AndyCM

You are more than welcome, glad you got some. Still a few left though.

I am currently working out Fridays guns, I know I have one for sure and two maybe's so far. They'll still be at it next week I expect if you want another go. Let me know if you are available and I may well organise a couple more days.

Cheers

Badshot

No problem chippy, If they are still about next week we'll try again.

Got another day happening tomorrow and a couple of guys on their own possibly.

Good to meet you and damn those level crossings are a pain aren't they? :good:

:yes: Yes They are.

Cheers :blush:

Well todays guns got 20 blackies between them and half a dozen pigeons, the birds disappeared by lunchtime entirely but started to come back late afternoon in dribs and drabs. So we have ended the week with 60 odd birds down so a good result really.

I have one day organised for next Weds, two guns so far, maybe three.

Anyone else want a go?

I will be keeping an eye on what they do over the next few days.

I would like to say thanks again guys. :lol:

I enjoyed myself badshot and thanks very much.

It was so hot today, with hardly a breath of wind, that I think everything went to sleep through the middle of the day.

The Marsh Harrier put in an appearance, so did three very young Green Woodpeckers and I saw a Jay for the first time for a couple of years.

Us Marsh dwellers are lucky people. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it Cranfield, nice spot down there. You are right we are blessed with many natural wonders, but the worst thing has got to be the THUNDERBUGS, they are going to drive me insane. I'll see how things pan out for next week, maybe get you back for another go with Andycm and chippie18 if the birds are still in the area.

Very nice to have put a face to a couple of names on here at last.