DOGHOUSE

SNAKEBITE

I have been straying towards the pigeons over the last few weeks as it makes a change form the rabbits and those are getting a bit thin on the ground at the moment anyway!

I have seen these "doghouse" hides that just pop up and down. Are these any good and am I going to get results using it in conjunction with pigeon decoys?

I use an air rifle NOT a shottie so obviously this is going to change the tactics a bit anyway. Does anyone have any experience of these?

My mate brought one back from the States a couple of years ago. Up in about 3 seconds and very light, I recken that's where the benefits end. The one time we shot the same field together, I did most of the killing, the Crows did not like it a tall, i noticed it had a shine off it and they veered off. That one was bought in Cabelas, don't know the model, I suppose there's a place for them, not in my cupboard though!

Hammy

What is it like to live in the dog house?

Well, there is a pub on the east side of London called......wate for it...The Dog House!

So for the locals, I reckon living in the 'Dog House' is pretty good fun.! :lol::lol:

Isnt there anyone you know, who might be able to lend you a hide to try.? :lol:

Edited by Axe

Isnt there anyone you know, who might be able to lend you a hide to try.? ;)

I don't know of anyone.

The silly thing is these pop up hides are IDENTICAL to the childrens tents you can pick up in the toy shops for £10. Once they make them out of a patterned camo material the start charging £100-£150!

There is no way I am going to fork out that on something that is not really going to work!!

(I wonder how you can adapt a childrens one though :lol: )

Isnt there anyone you know, who might be able to lend you a hide to try.? ;)

I don't know of anyone.

The silly thing is these pop up hides are IDENTICAL to the childrens tents you can pick up in the toy shops for £10. Once they make them out of a patterned camo material the start charging £100-£150!

There is no way I am going to fork out that on something that is not really going to work!!

(I wonder how you can adapt a childrens one though :lol: )

I reckon it might be an idea to get the childrens tents and drape some cammo netting over them. Would be useful on windy days when you don't wanna freeze your ******** off. I might try it. The only tings is that it is difficult to stand up in those pop up hides.

snakebite , me and my dad use the doghouse and brickhouse hides and find them to very effective with the crows on stubble fields and on maize , obviously it wont work very well if you use it on a rape field or something , the hides also have straps all around to add foliage and stuff , try ebay for one as they are a bit cheaper sometimes or even import one from the states , if you do alot of shooting then get one well worth the money .

pete