Moderator thread - CZ452 Varmit

marlin.45

Just picked up the new 'toy' and decided not to go with the Sako mod that they were trying to sell me for £40 and use one that a colleague had given me gratis.

So get home to fit the free mod and....it's the wrong thread. Now he removed it from an .22RF Anschutz so I thought that the CZ would have the same thread - WRONG! ;)

So what thread do I have on the Varmit 22LR? The bumph states 'Still' or 'PH' but what is the most common? Any clues looking at the thread? 1/2"x20 UNF? :lol:

All suggestion gratefully received before I cart the rifle to the local dealer and pay through the nose for one that fits.

Edited by marlin.45

Off to the range tomorrow and one guy has a 10/22 with a mod so I may be able to try that.

Found two thread options standard 1/2"x20 UNF thread or 1/2"x28 UNS thread. But the later is not as common. Actual thread looks around 1/2" with 11mm of exposed length.

Mark,

How much do you pay for 10rnd mag for yours? Dealer wanted £30 each.

Frank,

What thread was it?

Edited by marlin.45

1/2"x20 UNF thread thats the one, paid £25 for my 10 shot mags, but as everthing else they will have gone up, see em for resale at about £20 on the bbs.

i have a feeling the next mod you try will fit.

Iv just bought a Parker Hale mod for my CZ 452 .22lr Lux, fits perfectly.

this will beas franksays 1/2" unf. standard.

Well at the range the guy turned up with the Ruger 10/22 and it is the same thread as the CZ - but he doesn't know what thread he has ;)

So I'm 99% sure it's the standard one and not the Parker-hale alternative. So if anyone has a 10/22 and knows their moderator thread and if this is the only one it is offered in from the factory.............................................

And the result from the range is this rifle is a tack driver! But I would have expected no less from a CZ really should I? :lol: Stuck 50 rounds through it and it's bedding in nicely. Just need the mod and a 10rnd mag now.

And a bipod

And float the barrel

And.....................

Edited by marlin.45

Marlin,

I have got a .22 CZ and a SAK and went straight on, good gun good mod.

I paid £26 for my 10 shot mag, all plastic but still cheaper then cenrefire mags :*)

Mark,

The thread on my .22r/f and my .223 are the same pitch, so it looks like as with most most things there is no standard standard!!

that is quite a nice group!

Is that a normal group for your cz 452? That means looks every group with that ammo like that or have you choosen the best group?

Have you ever tried other ammo? How precise was that and how far out compared to the eley extras?

thanks for your answers :)

Hubertus

average group is around .220 of an inch, that was an exceptionaly good one the standard eley are pretty consistant, but you still get the odd fast/slow one which knackers the group. it will hold very similar accuracy to 75 yards, but at 100 you will struggle to keep it inside an inch. took me about 5 groups to get it inside an inch the others were more like 1.25

i have never tried any other ammo with the gun, ive never felt the need to.

i am going to experiment with weighing the rounds and maybe if i have the time checking neck thickness. but at the moment i havent been to a range in 2 months :) so havent had a chance.