Need to make a light bar

ME

We have got a load of batterys in the Mafia Wagon and now need to get a lightbar sorted.

I was thinking about welding a bar above the windscreen and attaching lights to it.

I am thinking like a metal bar that is box section but pre drilled with holes.

Any suggestions for a roof bar - it doesnt have to be pretty the truck doesnt go on the road and never will again so welding rather than fancy brackets I reckon.

Do you shoot from the back above / over the roof? If so is height of your lamps important?

Are you just having them static or do you intend to be able to move them?

If you want something low profile, I'd suggest getting some x-lights from x-engineering which you can clamp onto a pice of round tube. then if you wish to weld it onto the roof weld some tabs onto the end of the bar. That would be a reasonable light output and give a low profile.

We have got a load of batterys in the Mafia Wagon and now need to get a lightbar sorted.

I was thinking about welding a bar above the windscreen and attaching lights to it.

I am thinking like a metal bar that is box section but pre drilled with holes.

Any suggestions for a roof bar - it doesnt have to be pretty the truck does go on the road and never will again so welding rather than fancy brackets I reckon.

You could make something like this if you can weld. Its made from 25mm squire bar with 2mm steel plates on the ends to bolt to the gutter. All in including the 4 lights it cost me £20 and 2 hours work.

post-12981-1278541942.jpg

Picture of when testing for fitment now bolted through gutter.

• 2 weeks later...
why do you want to? unless you're lamping with a shotty its pretty pointless a man with a lightforce up top is a far better way to make sure you don't make all the foxes and rabbits in the area lamp shy

I will second that :lol: ,all you will do is make every thing run for cover,better to use either a rifle light or hand held lamp unless you wanting to do some serious off roading then i can understand the light bar otherwise you will be wasting your time and money for something that is not as good as a decent hand held lamp :blink: