drop in legally held guns in NI?

yes ppw`s are being pulled in at an alarming rate.it`s all to do with a directive to make it harder for folk to own firearms.i would advise you keep ammo marked on regularly to show you are using.farmers are being targeted to be sure they have cabinets. just when i`m on anyone fancy a mint hw60j in 22lr. not being used much due to hmr.

Interestingly the article I think assumes that as the number of FAC holders has dropped so has the number of firearms possessed, however (unless i'm short sighted) doesn't give any stats for the latter.

Also quite telling that it's the Shinners asking the question, I think we can all guess what they'll be banging on about next, they don't like anyone having guns (a bit like other extremists, Nazi Germans, Stalins Soviets, North Korea) unless it's them.

As previously mentioned there are illegal firearms on both sides of the community. I for one am glad to see Sinn Fein enquiring about this as it brings to attention the topic of legally held firearms. Good or bad at least it's being discussed. Rumour has it though that application and variation fees are to be tripled as an act to minimise firearm distribution to the public. Well if this does happen I hope the service provided triples in speed and quality.

As previously mentioned there are illegal firearms on both sides of the community. I for one am glad to see Sinn Fein enquiring about this as it brings to attention the topic of legally held firearms. Good or bad at least it's being discussed. Rumour has it though that application and variation fees are to be tripled as an act to minimise firearm distribution to the public. Well if this does happen I hope the service provided triples in speed and quality.

To be honest I'm not glad to see Sinn Fein 'enquiring about this' as I believe they'll have a alterier motive for bringing this subject into the spotlight.

I completely and whole heartedly agree with you about illegal firearms on both sides, and it completely digusts me.

What we need here are politicians to defend our sport.

After the last few weeks events it will be getting all the harder for the legitimate gun owner, without politicians stirring the pot.

To be honest I'm not glad to see Sinn Fein 'enquiring about this' as I believe they'll have a alterier motive for bringing this subject into the spotlight.

I completely and whole heartedly agree with you about illegal firearms on both sides, and it completely digusts me.

What we need here are politicians to defend our sport.

After the last few weeks events it will be getting all the harder for the legitimate gun owner, without politicians stirring the pot.

Regardless of beliefs I feel we live in a society where being a shooter is almost immediately deemed to be a crime. You are quite true in what you say with regards politicians defending our sport, but it seems we are clinging onto any remote sign of support for our sport. This sadly does not seem to be enough given the overwhelming negative media feedback about firearms in this country.

We'd be so lucky lol. If the statistics are correct, Mr Baggott should be extremely pleased with the result. Who knows he might even relax a bit about the whole thing :yp: I mean 60 odd thousand legally held weapons doesn't seem that much over here. Especially when you think of how many of them are air rifles. I know they are technically classed as firearms, but where's the gunpowder to produce the 'fire'?

No doubt about it, its not getting any easier for our sport!

I've also heard talk of the tripling of the FAC fees..........as for the service improving 3 fold.......don't hold your breath!

Fees are laid out in legislation, I have had a quick look and can find no pending amendments are proposals to amend the current legislation.

I would say this is rumour control going into overdrive in the wake of the ROI increasing their fees.