anyone found jack pyke jackets not waterproof?

paul1966

i have a jack pyke hunter jacket and recently after wearing it in the rain the arms feel damp inside, if you look at the inner lining you can see where the water has made the inner lining damp. is this a common problem? the label says its 100% waterproof and there are no rips or tears in the material, jacket is about a year old. think i'll email jack pyke and see waht they say.

i had the same with a norseveda jacket n trousers set i bought ......waterproof my hoop!!!!! bloody soaked

norseveda them selves did nowt ...wouldnt buy it again at all

im now "wary" regarding buying some of the cheaper branded stuff that claims full waterproofing

sauer

The only thing that I've found to be totally waterproof is mil surp goretex. I've used them as waders when going through rivers before (up to thighs) and was bone dry coming out the other side

bare in mind I had welly boots on my feet, and the over trousers stretched over the top

The only thing that I've found to be totally waterproof is mil surp goretex. I've used them as waders when going through rivers before (up to thighs) and was bone dry coming out the other side

bare in mind I had welly boots on my feet, and the over trousers stretched over the top

:good:

although this only works if you dont rip them on barbed wire before getting in the water :hmm:

I have to date never had a jacket I did not get wet in from either the rain or my own swet dispite spending up to £200 at times and being sold "fully breathable with taped seams"

Its your base layers mate they have to work like a wick :good:

Look if i spend £200 i want to put the jacket over what I have on not some special mountain gear

Paul you are not alone...........

Edited by pavman