Fishing in Norwich/Norfolk..

leeds chimp

Moved down here last year and been able to get out a few times to Taswood Lakes on Grove, Barford Lakes and Cobblearce.

Looking for some advice on any other lakes that might have missed or not heard of...been told about a place called Cranworth but not much on the Net tho

Also any other lakes that are good for carp and hopefully get a few runs...shame there is not a Drayton Res style round here...

And any places for the rivers aswell...done Wroxham to Horning a few times on a boat that we rent out but other places that can walk to would be nice.

cheers

hi mate Weybred in harlston was good for carp, not sure how it is now but it has a few lakes there

Will have a look at that one then and see what i can find out :shoot:

There are several lakes around Old Costessey and Ringlands. I have access to the river Wensum in Old Costessey, good for chub

Looked at those lakes..part of anglian water and not cheap to fish and need to put the time in down there...I just dont have the time to do 24/48 hour stints now due to the little one so looking for somewhere with nice fish and will get a bend in the rod for when i have a few hours spare....and a few rivers for when i have a day spare

hi mate, i used to fish a strech of the wensem behind helston mill there is a weir and the river from there to the fork that joins the river from the sluse gate is full of chub had a few real good fish on lures..

allso holds some brown trout that i've had out on worms trotting down stream..

you have to go down oval road in costessey untill you get to the bottom park up and walk across the field...

Reepham's ok and for 24 hours might be a good bet if you want to catch some fish but not a monster. Taverham mills is pretty good as is catch 22 at Lyng. Don't know what fritton decoy is like nowadays, used to be some monster bream years ago. Ormseby broad if you fancy a boat, (Eels foot pub) martham broad used to fish quite well but haven't been for years. Want any more? Have a look here http://www.norfolkcoarsefishing.co.uk

hi mate, i used to fish a strech of the wensem behind helston mill there is a weir and the river from there to the fork that joins the river from the sluse gate is full of chub had a few real good fish on lures..

allso holds some brown trout that i've had out on worms trotting down stream..

you have to go down oval road in costessey untill you get to the bottom park up and walk across the field...

cheers for that heads up will have a look this weekend then as have a few hours spare so can go for a walk

Reepham's ok and for 24 hours might be a good bet if you want to catch some fish but not a monster. Taverham mills is pretty good as is catch 22 at Lyng. Don't know what fritton decoy is like nowadays, used to be some monster bream years ago. Ormseby broad if you fancy a boat, (Eels foot pub) martham broad used to fish quite well but haven't been for years. Want any more? Have a look here http://www.norfolkcoarsefishing.co.uk

just want a bend in the rod but Reepham rules say no heavy carp gear so back to the float/method approach for that one

just looking for somewhere that can use the carp gear..get a nice run or two a session

• 4 weeks later...

depends on what type of carpin you fancy?

Just jacked (this summer) after a 5yr stint on the rivers of suffolk after the carp. been mad i can tell you with some very strange results.

Im on the norfolk suffolk border and if you fancy a chat about some spots on the river (free not day ticket) let me know. always keen to help a fellow angler.

The river carp might not be as big as the pit fish but they pull your string a lot harder lb for lb. ???

there are too many lakes to list, if you want some easy carping for a few runs a day with fish to mid doubles try weybread middle pit or join the club then you get access to the club pit and bottle pit, kidney pit on the broome complex is worth a chuck, swangy at attleborough, yew tree in wortwell i think is still day ticket,

if rivers are your thing then there is plenty of public access and day ticket fishing on the wensum and waveney and some on the bure.

send me a pm if you want some more info

mikee

depends on what type of carpin you fancy?

Just jacked (this summer) after a 5yr stint on the rivers of suffolk after the carp. been mad i can tell you with some very strange results.

Im on the norfolk suffolk border and if you fancy a chat about some spots on the river (free not day ticket) let me know. always keen to help a fellow angler.

The river carp might not be as big as the pit fish but they pull your string a lot harder lb for lb. :stupid:

you have pm :blink:

there are too many lakes to list, if you want some easy carping for a few runs a day with fish to mid doubles try weybread middle pit or join the club then you get access to the club pit and bottle pit, kidney pit on the broome complex is worth a chuck, swangy at attleborough, yew tree in wortwell i think is still day ticket,

if rivers are your thing then there is plenty of public access and day ticket fishing on the wensum and waveney and some on the bure.

send me a pm if you want some more info

mikee

you have pm :hmm: