Help with fill pressure

multijet

232 bar

232 bar is the pressure of a standard divers bottle and MUCH higher than most 12ft lb Air rifle reservoirs!

I haven't a clue about the Spitfire pressure but would expect it to be under 200 Bar, perhaps 180 Bar, are you sure about the 232 Bar??

:hmm::hmm::good::good:

Hi, haven't a clue about the pressure but someone will know. However, a tip; charge the rifle as slowly as is possible. When compressed, a gas will heat up and the faster it's compressed the hotter it gets. Unfortunately, it then cools and the pressure in the rifle will drop before you've even fired a shot.

Cheers

Hi, haven't a clue about the pressure but someone will know. However, a tip; charge the rifle as slowly as is possible. When compressed, a gas will heat up and the faster it's compressed the hotter it gets. Unfortunately, it then cools and the pressure in the rifle will drop before you've even fired a shot.

Cheers

As above but dont use the guage on the rifle,refer to the bottle,DO NOT fill to 232 bar you will blow the rifle,check on the barrel it should state max pressure,filling it over this does not mean it has more power.

The bottles I have are filled to 300 bar. The ripley will take that but I like to keep it somewhat lower. Modern pcp's will have what is called a sweet spot. It is likely to be in the 180bar region. If you don't get a definite answer here, I would strongly suggest a e-mail to the manufacturer.

I mat be wrong STV3 avatar is playing up

Edited by lottie Dave