Headlights

libs

I was in Halfrauds today looking at bulbs for my motor, 09 Renault Clio, becuase the candles I have at the moment just don't cut it down the lanes.

I am after something as bright as legally possible and with a slight blue hint becuase I am a tart. I saw some bulbs that were full blue glass but decided against that for fear of being nicked. SO my question to the PW masses is, what bulbs would you suggest for my car that are road legal, super bright and slightly blue?

I saw prices for Halfords own extra bright range at about 25 quid a side, is this taking the pith or the going rate? I am just a tad spoilt for choice and want to get the top bulbs without being bent over.

Cheers fellas :good:

The headlights you're seeing about on top end cars are HID-which is high intensity discharge.They really are as good as you think cos a friend has them in his,but the bulbs you see in Halfords etc are not the same.

I bought some of these extra bright 'blue' bulbs couple years back and to be honest they did give a marginally better beam,but they both popped within a year so did not represent good value.I know you can get a proper HID conversion for a number of cars,but if memory serves me-its around £300 per side so kinda expensive.

Thanks for the imput, I'm certain I don't have any of the HID stuff, just a standard H7 bulb, obvioulsy not going to go down the conversion route becuase cartridges are far too expensive, maybe if they come down to £100 a thou I will look into it, but I won't be holding my breath.

I feared the Halfords bulbs would be naff, like everything else own branded they sell.

edit:

Maybe these?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Ring-X...w-NEW-pair.html

I was in Halfrauds today looking at bulbs for my motor, 09 Renault Clio, becuase the candles I have at the moment just don't cut it down the lanes.

I am after something as bright as legally possible and with a slight blue hint becuase I am a tart. I saw some bulbs that were full blue glass but decided against that for fear of being nicked. SO my question to the PW masses is, what bulbs would you suggest for my car that are road legal, super bright and slightly blue?

I saw prices for Halfords own extra bright range at about 25 quid a side, is this taking the pith or the going rate? I am just a tad spoilt for choice and want to get the top bulbs without being bent over.

Cheers fellas :oops:

your not wrong :/:good:

your not wrong :/:oops:

I take it you have never had to pay 18 year olds insurance on anything with a sniff of a drivetrain before then!!!!

I would love to have a MAN car but sadly that fat james blunt with the poxy moustache and his stupid songs off the adverts won't let me.

one day...... :good:

I take it you have never had to pay 18 year olds insurance on anything with a sniff of a drivetrain before then!!!!

I would love to have a MAN car but sadly that fat james blunt with the poxy moustache and his stupid songs off the adverts won't let me.

one day...... :good:

easy it was just tongue in cheek,my 20 yr old brother drive's one and i rib him as often as possible :/:oops:

easy it was just tongue in cheek,my 20 yr old brother drive's one and i rib him as often as possible :oops::good:

Its all banta, and rightly so, it is a tarts car!

I can tell becuase you have to put the back seats forward to get a 30" gun in the boot!

Buy the HID kit (High intensity discharge) You can pick them up on eBay but theres no quality guarentee, they are cheap enough from car mod websites. The gas burns at different temps, the most common/best is 6000k which gives the bluey tinge, anything higher such as 8000k you will run the risk of being done by the police as they will be blue, and again 10,000k is some dodgy purple lol.

The kits are easy enough to fit yourself, or im sure your local garage/vehicle electrician could do it cheap as it is only 1hrs work max.

HID kits a great for the driver, but not legal and anybody coming the other way will hate you.

The reflector is completely different on a proper HID lamp.

Best alternative is a set of Xenon replacement bulbs, either from Halfrauds or on line from various suppliers.

I use Halfauds Xenon as I can't be bothered to shop a about, H7 type and did the dip beam only to start with, which makes the biggest difference.

Neil. :good:

HID kits a great for the driver, but not legal and anybody coming the other way will hate you.

The reflector is completely different on a proper HID lamp.

Best alternative is a set of Xenon replacement bulbs, either from Halfrauds or on line from various suppliers.

I use Halfauds Xenon as I can't be bothered to shop a about, H7 type and did the dip beam only to start with, which makes the biggest difference.

Neil. :good:

I'm thinking a set of Xenons for the dipped bulbs will be what I do, thanks.