British Open Skeet @ Southern Counties

JonD

I have never known such atrocious conditions Low cloud, howling gale and at times torrential rain, it was truly awful. There were times when it was impossible to see the second bird of a pair, it just disappeared into the mist. The low house clay was hitting the deck before the high house....I

I like a challenge :good: :good:

I wonder if Bill Moussalli was using his side by side? He's from Cornwall he used to run Lower Lake SG, don't know whether he's still there but I bet he knows Southern Counties like the back of his hand.

Go for it tomorrow Biggers it'll be the day to do the ton up :good::yes::good:

I wonder if Bill Moussalli was using his side by side? He's from Cornwall he used to run Lower Lake SG, don't know whether he's still there but I bet he knows Southern Counties like the back of his hand.

Go for it tomorrow Biggers it'll be the day to do the ton up :good::yes::good:

I think that was the name that was listed as a SxS entrant.

Good luck to everyone shooting Sat\Sun, really hope you have better weather... today was absolutely bloody awful as Bob said, we shot on the same squad, by far the worst conditions I have ever shot in. Just got in and finished stripping the 391 which got absolutely soaked along with everything else including me.

I started OK on a 22 then the rain got really heavy and continued with increasing wind, ended on a 77 grrrrr. Lessons learnt in that many birds i shot at i should have refused as they were no birds, some of the lows were coming in about 3ft above the ground at the centre peg and on the deck by halfway between the peg and high house and the same with some of the highs. Not the result i had planned.

Just glad the BO won't be there next year, after yesterday and todays experience of what the weather can be like there i won't be hurrying back, great setup, friendly, great facilities but too far if you get weather like that.

Go for it Biggers!

Jon.

Edited by JonD

A Pic from the rear of 4 looking low:

post-15820-1282380840.jpg

Lovely lol

That's clear compared with today.

Low cloud (on the deck), wind, rain and orange ******* clays (I hate orange). I had difficulty in picking anything up - 3 birds i didn't have a clue, couldn't see them and even asked the ref if they came out

85/100 - 23, 22, 19, 21 - worst score EVER !!!

3rd round i dropped 3 high 2s - gave up after that

Ah well there's always next year

Edited by Bigweed

That was as good as it got lol.

Well shot guys, Paulos, 94 is a hell of a score in the conditions.

Fingers crossed it's at Doveridge or the NCSC next year :)

I agree, the 3rd layout was bloody awful with no shelter at all. Were there still loads of birds that wouldn't make the peg?

Jon.

If you think shooting Skeet in the fog is bad you want to try shooting OT in it :)

LOL, only tried OT twice in perfect conditions. I hit 4ex25 with full use, mind you I hadn't been shooting long and found it very hard!

May have to try OT again one day.

Jon.