British Open Skeet @ Southern Counties

JonD

Hi All,

Wondering how many PW'ers are shooting this.

I'm heading down tomorrow to practice then shoot on the Friday.

First BO so looking forward to it, no chance of winning but good experience :good:

Shot a 90ex100 which was a new PB today so on form having started shooting skeet just under a year ago :yes:

Good luck guys and hopefully bump into a few of you!

Jon.

Cheers, and best of luck to Biggers and Jon :good:

Anyone fancy a couple of rounds on Friday somewhere? :yes:

From what i have been told there is a practice range at SC, don't mind hanging on and shooting a round or two and heading home :oops:

I hope the weather's kind to you, that ground is frequently "fogged out" with low cloud, even at this time of year, because it's perched on top of a hill. If you stand on station 1, the low house is a bit of a blur in the distance, makes for some interesting scores. :good:

Let's hope you all shoot above your potential, with no PDLM style "event anxiety" type excuses after the event. :oops:

So c'mon, polish those snapcaps till they gleam, grease those choke threads one by one, then GO GET 'EM...!!! :yes:

Cat.

I suspect that Catamong must be clairvoyant....Just got back from the shoot. I can honestly say I have never known such atrocious conditions Low cloud, howling gale and at times torrential rain, it was truly awful. There were times when it was impossible to see the second bird of a pair, it just disappeared into the mist. The low house clay was hitting the deck before the high house....I

Despite the weather someone posted a 99, the mist rolled in and out and at times I would say it was unshootable. I think a few squads had a relatively clear run and posted some reasonable scores, mine was the worst I've ever done, and despite straighting the last layout only managed an 83 ....terrrible.

I suspect that Catamong must be clairvoyant....Just got back from the shoot. I can honestly say I have never known such atrocious conditions Low cloud, howling gale and at times torrential rain, it was truly awful. There were times when it was impossible to see the second bird of a pair, it just disappeared into the mist. The low house clay was hitting the deck before the high house....I

I wish I was clairvoyant, I'd pick tomorrows lottery numbers..!! :good:

I've just had so many bad experiences at that ground.

Sorry you paid good money to endure such dire conditions, it's one of the worst places in England to site a shooting ground. :yes:

Good luck to the rest of the gang tomorrow, I hope things improve. :good:

Cat