ND-3 laser illuminator

scotland rifles

having used mayflys on a few occasions i can honestly say im 95% convinced theyre more than worth the money; couple of things i would fault with them is that the beam doesnt go wider for general scanning; you usually need to be looking through the scope to spot eyes at range; and its not that great for general use as a torch (not so great for spotting shot rabbits in undergrowth due to the green colour). as for range, i used mayfly's to spot a rabbit at 150+ yards one night on his hmr, dialled the beam in tighter to see the rabbit clearly then shot it :good:

battery life is ok, the batteries are tiny so easy to carry spares if necessary, theyre light and if you lamp solo theyre great. i would say though if youre only worried about 80 - 100 yards just get one of the romisen torched for £20 instead of one of these at £300 though :) personally if i had the money id buy one tomorrow, but at the moment i have a list longer than my arm of stuff id like to buy; the nd3 has been put on it but theres a few other things first :good:

ps elvis is takes it takes the same as most lasers, etc - the cr123a one, and yes, it illuminates stuff very well - up to 100 yards you dont have to worry about tightening the beam, over that its simple to tighten the beam up; though it can get a bit confusing at times picking out targets, simply because everythings green so you have to look for the rabbits shape (if u know wot i mean)

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

thank you all for the comments.

I have used one out to 250 yards with a S&B 3/12x56 and it was sat on top of a 223 sako rifle,

dropped a furballgolfcourseeating pest with no issues, with respect to most of you if you have **** glass then you will not see the benefit even using a 140 light force lamp at night.

good bit of kit and just what the doctor ordered out to 100 to 125 yards on those charlies that can;'t even see you when your using it.

just my thoughts and findings, but not having £300 i will never know what its like to own one for a good long test run.

bob.

I'm confused about what this actually is. Is it just a different type of light from a torch type setup that you then pickup through your scope? A type of light that the critters dont see?

I'm on the verge of splashing out a grand on the pulsar N550 night vision but this is looking like a cheap alternative, if my Leo scope is up to it!

I'm confused about what this actually is. Is it just a different type of light from a torch type setup that you then pickup through your scope? A type of light that the critters dont see?

I'm on the verge of splashing out a grand on the pulsar N550 night vision but this is looking like a cheap alternative, if my Leo scope is up to it!

here you go bud,

its not just a torch, and i will not be saving loads of dosh for a NV scope on any kind. i will be looking at this for my main foxing rifle,

Manufacturer code: ND-3

The ND3 Laser Designator uses patented technology to create true night vision and turns your scoped rifle into a night hunter. Combining a powerful, eye safe green laser diode and a precision optical collimator, the ND3 pairs with your scope and allows you to cast a bright beam of green laser light to fully illuminate targets up to 250 yards.

The patented optical collimator allows for quick, one hand, full range adjustment of beam diameter and light strength with just 180 degrees of rotation. You never have to take your eyes off the target or your hand off the trigger. High power green laser light reflects intensely off the eyes of animals allowing quick detection up to 250 yards. The ND3 works well for both night hunting and game spotting.

ND•3 - Long Distance Laser Designator

The ND3 Laser Designator is a precision optical lighting instrument using advanced green laser technology. The patented Rotary Optical Collimator allows full adjustment and control of beam diameter and intensity to focus light where you need it most. Rotating the collimator ring to minimum creates a bright micro beam of green laser light visible up to 3 miles. Rotating the collimator to more open settings provides plenty of illumination to light a trail at night or paint a target at up to 250 yards. Battery life allows you to handle any emergency with over 7 hours of continuous use.

Why Green Laser?

Green light is the most visible to the human eye (See Chart) and requires the least amount of eye adjustment at night. An eye that has adapted to daytime conditions generally has a maximum sensitivity around 555nm. Compared to the color red which optical spectrum is around 630 – 650nm our eye is closer to the Green region of the optical spectrum at 510 - 530nm.

Animal eyes are intensely illuminated by green laser light and clearly visible at extended distances when viewed through optics. For optimum night vision for hunting, pair the ND3 with a high quality variable power scope having a 40mm or larger objective lens providing maximum light transmission. The included ND3 mounting system for 1” tubes provides full adjustment for windage and elevation for scope alignment. Additional mounts for binocular, spotting scopes and weaver rails are included.

•PRECISION MACHINED FROM HIGH TECH ALUMINUM

•BLACK MATTE ANODIZED FINISH

•FULLY O-RING SEALED FOR DUST AND WATER

•FULLY MULTI COATED OPTICAL LENS SYSTEM

•NITROGEN CHARGED FOR ANTI-FOG

•1” / 30mm TUBE ADAPTS TO MANY MOUNTING SYSTEMS

•DIMENSIONS: 6.25”L X 1.25” DIA. X 1.0” DIA. TUBE

•WEIGHT: 5.34 OZ.

•POWER SUPPLY: 1- CR123A BATTERY (PROVIDED)

•BATTERY LIFE: OVER 7 HOURS OF CONTINUOUS USE

•ROTARY OPTICAL BEAM COLLIMATOR- ALLOWS QUICK ADJUSTMENT OF BEAM DIAMETER AND INTENSITY

•532nm LASER LIGHT FREQUENCY- EASIEST LIGHT FOR THE HUMAN EYE TO SEE

•AMPLIFIED COHERENT LIGHT- MOST EFFICIENT LIGHT FOR LONG DISTANCE ILLUMINATION

•OUTPUT POWER: 18mW

•RANGE: 3.0 MILES (EXTREME COLD WEATHER USE)

•1 YEAR WARRANTY

•CLASS 2M LASER PRODUCT

OK, and what makes that different/better than say the mini lamp I have mounted on my scope now with a filter on it?

In the utube cli its like they are unaware of the light shining at them where as with my lamp they get skittish with the light on them and you dont have long for a good shot before they samper off! I mainly shoot rabbit by the way and am working up to foxing!

OK, and what makes that different/better than say the mini lamp I have mounted on my scope now with a filter on it?

In the utube cli its like they are unaware of the light shining at them where as with my lamp they get skittish with the light on them and you dont have long for a good shot before they samper off! I mainly shoot rabbit by the way and am working up to foxing!

the night i used the one i had the privilage to use was stunning.

i was watching 8/9 rabbits at about 100 yards and they where not aware i was doing so.

i then took 5 shots all where hits at various ranges,

even with a strike on target from a centre fire rifle the others jumped but still stayed around longer than they would if you like me used a great big light force lamp.

bob.

Interesting find then and something I havent seen before! Warrants some more digging around!

Ive want the NV scope but just to improve my night shooting but Ive never liked the size of the scope you need and the huge investment in one piece of kit, replacing your existing and in my case expensive scope! This looks a very interesting alternative.

If anyone does decide to try and import a few then I'll definitely try one!

the only downside I can see, is its a small circle of beam, so when set up on your rifle, it will shine on quarry at a set distance, say 60yds, now what happens when aiming at target say 85yds away, surely the smaller beam wont allow the shot, if that makes sense :good:

the only downside I can see, is its a small circle of beam, so when set up on your rifle, it will shine on quarry at a set distance, say 60yds, now what happens when aiming at target say 85yds away, surely the smaller beam wont allow the shot, if that makes sense :good:

the beams adjustable, you can widen it out for scanning and narrow it in to illuminate the rabbit/fox, etc