Game keeper

discreet hunter

Hi, Been knocking on doors over last few weeks, no luck so far,left a few cards with my details which i had professionally done, i was pointed in the direction of the game keeper :good: met him, said i should and come and see him next couple of weeks ago, when to see him yesterday i was driving in the area with couple of my two younger kids, met his family misus and two kids, ended up spending a couple of hours there just having a chat with them including a cuppa and a bite for the kids, i was well chuffed, was invited to come and see him again couple of weeks when farmers start harvesting the wheat,(looks promising) :good: my question is, what can i take him/family i am not trying to bribe him or any thing like that, just want to say thanks for yesterday, when visit him in a couple weeks time

Thanks for you advice.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sounds like the same situation I was in a few years back, I was 14, wanted to learn a bit more, so the farmer I did a bit of rabbit work for pointed me in the direction of his house, so off I went on my bike, knock knock, but no one was in, so off I went to school the next day and afterwards went round on my bike knocking on his door, it opened up with his pregnant missus in the doorway, "can I speak to the gamekeeper please", hold on, she shut the door and 2 mins later a huge defender came roaring down the drive and skidded onto the grass, what do ya want (being 14 I was a bit scared as he is a big boy) I told him I wanted to learn more so he said I could come beating, and he had about 10 or so doves he wanted shooting down the grain barn, so I did that, then summer came around, I helped him build all of the partridge pens, I learnt to shoot a shotgun, trap animals, learn to drive (he taught me) and now he is one of my best mates, I babysit his kids, look after his house and dogs aswell as the shoot when he goes away, im 22, have had my FAC 6 months, I shoot deer and I help out on the shoot every spare hour I have, I love it, and cant get enough of it, I help him, he helps me, but when I first met him, to show I was keen I did as much as I could, never moaned and now I am basically the underkeeper without the status if that makes sense? We always laugh about when I turned up all skinny and shy! Now im ****** than him! haha.

I go round most Sundays and even have a key to his house, but its all down to trust!

So my advice to you my friend, is do the same! He will be thankfull, but so will he.

James.