use up roll ends of wallpaper

Dave-G

:( Ha, I was just waiting for that one laddie's - I almost dint post it ;) Shooting into a blustery head wind :D

I was trying out the differences between super/sub sonics, and 2 different subs, and letting someone else have a go - wouldn't want em to try it on live quarry.

At 100 yds the super's were almost close to the zero point of sub's at 80 yds.

The sub's were eley xtra Vs eley xtra plus, it was too windy to guage if the plus's were more accurate as has been suggested by someone on here, but they are less "greasy"

Dave,

If you are shooting at a white background, which is best for visibility anyway, try getting hold of some black patches that target shooters use to patch up.

They are about 3/4" square and you can get reels of them for next to nothing.

Or use targets like these to liven up range days ;)

koala.jpg

Edited by stuartp

:D Guess I wont live this one down till I do one on me own on a calm day using consistent shells, and leave the target in the same place instead of experimenting with drops :lol:

I should add that it was only a post about using up wallpaper rather than suggesting I was a good shot - which I have never staked a claim to. :lol:

:lol: But I like the humour guys, yes really ;)

:lol: Perhaps someone could help me out by explaining why I need to re-zero the windage when changing from sub's to super's - and to a lesser degree, the two variants of eley subs? :(

Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

Edited by Dave-G

:D Perhaps someone could help me out by explaining why I need to re-zero the windage when changing from sub's to super's - and to a lesser degree, the two variants of eley subs? ;)

Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

hmmm it may be that on that day the quicker rounds were cheating the wind a bit better.

I went from winchester subs (which I rate) to remmy yellow jackets and the remmies shot straight above the winchesters not off to one side or the other.

Edited by stuartp

:( coo - you beauty axe

Na - but my grandson always brings somat jonno

;) The best results - of course - are in the rolled up part behind/under the rear of the base - before I turned it over 'cos I could only view the upper part of the target at the ranges I was using. :D

Edited by Dave-G