Beans means lots of pigeons

If I can I will upload the picture from my phone of the bag.

But back to today or should I say afternoon didnt get the go ahead to shot till 1530 hrs so very late for this time of year was setup by 1600hrs.

The field was covered in birds lots of beans I made a schoolboy error in wrong place first due tot recce the field propley.

Moved to just outside a lone oak tree pain in backside due too the wind on my back but lowering sun in my eyes.

The birds poured in low and dropping high from behind for 3 hours it was non stop finnished with 176 would have been the doudle ton if I had got there earlier still back monday.

A local guy came out and bought 16 for kebabs for tommorrow he was well chuffed.

I was knackered only just got back in from the game dealers.

Kind regards OTH

good bag and nice shooting, when were they cut

Last week the field is littered with beans we had rain today and I recced the field covered again out tommorrow if I can get a a crown thinning job done quickly and safely .

The worst thing is I have loaned my camera to my stepson to take pictures of a recent tilling job for his portfolo and will not have for tommorrow and I still cant upload the pictures of sat bag to my computer.

Regadrs OTH

• 2 weeks later...

Well done OTH.

'm more than jealous. Our bean stubble was covered with pigeons this afternoon and with the wind it would have been perfect for a really good bag. In fact today was probably my best chance of getting a ton. Problem is, the fields surround our release wood so it's no shooting. :good:

Top shooting there sir. well done you.

beans brought me nothing what so ever, not a single bird.

I have not shot a pigeon in 3 weeks. :lol: all the fields are turned in now and nothing but gulls. now sowing until mid october.

sat at home twiggling thumbs but bored of that now as well.lol.

nice one any way OTH.

ATB

Phil.