Nikko Stirling Scopes

silver_fox

I have a Gameking 4-16x50 oa ir on my .22lr and to be honest, it's probably overkill, I have a slot on my ticket for a .17hmr and am seriously considering buying another one to put on it when I buy one. On the .22lr it's brilliant, though I've never used it passed 10x mag. Can't fault it at all! :blush:

I have a Gameking 4-16x50 oa ir on my .22lr and to be honest, it's probably overkill, I have a slot on my ticket for a .17hmr and am seriously considering buying another one to put on it when I buy one. On the .22lr it's brilliant, though I've never used it passed 10x mag. Can't fault it at all! :blush:

I have the same scope off Ramsbottom on Ebay and think it is as good as the others I use excepting the top end stuff.

yes they are a good value for money scope, i got a brand new nikko stirling platinum nighteater for £30 from a car boot last week and it is an amazing scope. well chuffed for 30 quid! now need a .17 hmr to put it on!

to beat them you are looking at spending hundreds!

Just like Ian750 I am a big lover of the Nikko Stirling Gameking Scope. I have one in 4-16X50 on my Bruno Fox .222 and can't fault it, especially for "Value For Money". The optics are excellent quality for what is basically a "Budget Scope" (compared with some) and the build quality would put a few of the more expencive ones to shame. I have never really had to re-zero mine and it works well when I am "shooting on the lamp" or in "Low Light" conditions with very good light gathering abilities.

I'm not sure where abouts you are Silver_Fox but if you are anywhere near me you are more than welcome to come round and try my set up to see what you think of the scope - If you do I am sure that you will agree with every word I have said!

If I was going to get another scope the only thing that I would have differently is the Gameking with an Illuminated Reticule for lamping with, even though I do not have any trouble with the one I have and have shot foxes out to about 175 yards on the lamp with it!

I hope that this helps!

Edit-I would just like to add that I got mine from J S Ramsbottoms - The price they have it on sale for along with the quality of their service is (In my opinion) second to none.

Edited by Frenchieboy

I have a Nikko Sterling 6-24x56 nighteater on my .17 hmr. The rabbits absolutely hate it. They are very good scopes. The only thing i dont like about mine is that the illuminated reticle is switched on with button. I have so often knocked this onto the on position when putting the rifle into the cabinet and then had a flat scope battery that i now take the battery out of the scope before putting the rifle away. I dont very often use the illuminated reticle anyway now as the lamp does away with the need for it.

Edited by ozzy518

The clicks on the night eater are 1cm at 100m. Pain in the **** if you like to use the turret for longer range shots and use chairgun or the like.....

Not a problem if you have the time or inclination to map out the scope yourself.......

Edited by pabs