Anyone else shoot on/around a working airfeild ?

Salop Matt

Billy shoots near Luton airport I believe if thats a big enough airfield for you :lol:

I think they have a guy to watch while they carry out drives near the airport incase any pricked birds fly over. From watching airport i'm fairly sure the airport guy had a shotgun with him just in case

We used to shoot around RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire. One hare shoot, a guest shot a AWACS plane. The big one with the radar dish on top.

They didnt find it too funny. The military police came to the keepers house for statements but thats all that came of it. Until Christmas.. he got a card through the letter box. On the front was a cartoon of a plane coming out of a clay trap and him shooting it. They did have a sense of humour after all!

Hope I got the right section !

So as above does anyone shoot on/ over/ around a airfeild ?

If so what are the rules and regs you have to abide byy and are you required to carry any additional equipment IE: Hi Vis, amber light, radio etc ?

Cheers

Going to assume it's a civvy airfield. Get in touch with the air traffic control. They'll tell you want they want on THEIR 'field.

Cheers

We used to shoot around RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire. One hare shoot, a guest shot a AWACS plane. The big one with the radar dish on top.

They didnt find it too funny. The military police came to the keepers house for statements but thats all that came of it. Until Christmas.. he got a card through the letter box. On the front was a cartoon of a plane coming out of a clay trap and him shooting it. They did have a sense of humour after all!

And boy we get to hear that story evey year now !

Back on topic the land we shot is round the raf base and have no regs to follow infact we help them out with things and they help us out with things we all get on well and now laugh about the plane shooting :good:

I shoot rabbits on an airfield...the main rules are just best practice-pick up your empties and dont leave dead stuff laying around! Oh...and dont shoot the planes/choppers or run over the landing lights in your 4x4 :unsure:

We did get buzzed by the police helicopter last night...although it was pointed out to them after that flying that close to unidentified armed people wasnt their cleverest move!