The great wellie debate!!!!

beerdeor

There was a review in Sporting Gun and they rated the unisex boots from the Outdoor Boot Company, has anyone tried these?

I currently use a pair of good old green hunters which I must have had for 12 years and are only now due for repalcement due to a bit of perishing.

EB

Bisexual boots ay :hmm: what will they come up with next :yes:

My Le Chams have been very good: warm, comy & waterproof for the last 3 years & I'd expect them to keep going for a while yet but I do have a gripe about them.

I'm 6'3" with size 10 feet. My wife is 5'5" with size 4 feet. If you stand her boots next to mine, the leg length is the same! What's this about - haven't the French worked out that people with bigger feet might have longer legs than people with small feet? Does anyone make a decent boot with a longer leg length?

Dammit you've set me off now!

Grump!

TT

Sounds like you Mrs got a bargain mate, a pair of waders for the price of a welly boot :good:

I would go for sea land boots cause i have a pair of them and been most countable pair of whellie i have ever had also know 3 people with the shamo's who work in them most day in general use and 2 pairs had the back heel come off and the other pair the zip came off in a day and also they ripped on a bit of barbed wire. i would only get shamo if i was being a gun or doing shooting that don't involve to much stress on the boots.

i think you will find all wellies will rip on barbed wire :good:

• 2 weeks later...
Agree best money I ever spent

KW

I wear my Le Chameau Vierzonord most of the time from Sept-May, had mine about 6 years and no problems. Just bought a pair of their boots for about £100, seem great so far.

I used to find standard wellies lasted about 2 or 3 years, then the perished or let a thorn in.

A

Personaly, I prefer the Aigle Parcours ISO. Tried on Le Chameau Vierzonord as well but

I felt the Aigles were a more secure fit. Cost me £95 from local trap n field supplier :good:

(the Le Chameaus were also £95)

I'll second that. I bought a pair for myself and the wife about 4 years ago and still gong strong. The wife now wants a pair of "fashion wellie boots"as well! You know those Duberry leather type things...... Picky, picky, picky......

• 3 weeks later...

Definately not the Vatna boots. Done nothing but leak since i bought them. Thot they were superb and did not mind the price. however not too impressed since. All i can say is thank goodness for Seal Skinz. but shouldnt need to rely on them when so much has been spent in the first palce..

i love my le chams

they are so strong that lol... i still try and ask my self why i did this but last winter i was working on a site were we were doing a low tide below water concrete job using a extreemly strong mix, 10 lorry loads in all and i wore my chams that day!!!! and i was walking around in 10" or concrete all day vibrating and racking out! anyways was 6oclock befor i finished and had a long drive home, chucked the boots in the back off the van, anoyed that id worn them and thinking ill have to get some more as the extra strong creet will **** them, chucked them in the garrage and 2 weeks later they were set solid but with 2 hours with the blunt back of an old chissle and some 80 grit sandpaper + wet and dry parer with water and alloy wheel cleaner they were sparkling new!!!!!! not even a mark from the sandpaper or corrosion form the concreet!

i rest my case haha

Edited by petrol_head29

My mrs has just bought me a pair of the Aigle Parcours. They are an absolutely great fit and she got them for £79 off the net, BARGAIN!

I tried on the Le Cham's and the hunters and none of them were as nice a fit as the Aigles or as comfortable.

What ever you decide to get, go to a local shop and try them on and then shop around.

Good luck!

Personaly, I prefer the Aigle Parcours ISO. Tried on Le Chameau Vierzonord as well but

I felt the Aigles were a more secure fit. Cost me £95 from local trap n field supplier :good:

(the Le Chameaus were also £95)

:good:

Got the Outlast's, like wearing warm slippers :yes:

Aigle,s all the way, i am a ghillie and wear them 6 days a week, and my current pair are 4 year old and still going strong. for around £80 you cannae gan wrong :good:

Buy Aigle, much better fit around the ankle. Tried Hunter and Chameau in the past and they're not a patch on them

I have had many boots in my time Hunter, Chameau and Aigles to name a few. I find the Aigles the best fit most comfy and warm wellies i have owned. When i need a new pair it will once again be Aigles.