Rabbit guts, what do you do?

mike68

Recycle them! Why not give a little back by leaving the guts, skin and heads well out of the way of "prying eyes" for the foxes, crows and magpies etc to feed off? You could actually use this to your advantage by using them as a bit of a "bait station" to attract the "carrion" with a comfortable and safe shooting position (Or hide) for you nearby!

We field gut them in a hole that we dig, and make it quite deep as usally 25+ rabbits a time.

If i have some orders they hang for a day. If not, big cleaver and chopping block, off with the heads and feet as they fit in the freezer much better.

I keep a few heads as my 3 hobs like them as a snack and they have a good tussle with them.

TEH

Many years ago I used to shoot a golf course at night, often bringing in excess of a hundred headshot rabbits back for the butcher on Sunday morning.

Drill was to gut the lot into a bin liner, down the butcher at 10am sharp with them then down to the tip with the bin liner full of guts and wop it into the skip. Well one day I was short of bin liners and only used one, you can guess the rest !!, but the ironic thing is that no one said a word when the guts of 100+ rabbits was accidentally deposited on the floor next to the rubbish skip, I just borrowed a shovel and shoveled it straight into the skip !!. Always double bagged after that !!.

A