Good Summer or not

eggy

You would have to have OCD to be bothered to count the carts and the shots (that precisely) and manage to get yourself out shooting in any day.

Indeed, I guess you would never manage to get out the front door - you would be too busy closing the door, opening it, washing your hands, closing the door, opening it, washing your hands etc etc etc :good:

As a person who HAS shot large number of birds I think Mungler you have hit the nail on the head in ref to the counting empties .

The only time I have noticed my cartridge to kill ratio is on days when I have only bagged a small number or if I have walk up with say 4 boxes precisely ,but most of the time I have a cartridge bag with a unkown amount so would never know .

I usally just pickup the empties in a carry bag rarely count them back as I rather just enjoy the sport I have had.

I do keep a diary of my bags times weather etc Kind reagrds OTH

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this post is just to silly to be true, why just come on here and get all snotty as well as talk about how good you are, sounds an unpleasant sort of chap to me.

I am sure there are some who could have this fieldcraft and shooting ability, but I would bet they wouldn't be so up themselves and be boasting about it. also it would be no big deal to themselves as they would have the ability, land and fieldcraft to do this at will. reckon the shooting world would have heard about them as well

doc

You would have to have OCD to be bothered to count the carts and the shots (that precisely) and manage to get yourself out shooting in any day.

Indeed, I guess you would never manage to get out the front door - you would be too busy closing the door, opening it, washing your hands, closing the door, opening it, washing your hands etc etc etc :good:

Very funny! I'm a bit worried though my best bag was 58 the other week and I counted the carts all 180 of then what a Sado lol

As I spend a lot of time out of the UK I return to the home in May for my summer of shooting, a big disappointment this year as I only shot 536 rabbits against my 1600 normal summer bunny bashing.

As for the pigeon shooting up to August this year I had not picked a shotgun up for 2 years , managing to shoot 135 pigeons last year one afternoon with the CZ .22

So this year I had 3 days on the decoys. (damaged cartilage restricted walking)

I did not want to walk back upstairs to get a case of 250 when I loaded the car, what a mistake, that comes with age.

Spending allot of time out of the UK, Id assume he doesnt have a dog over here :yes:

(Damaged cartilage restricted walking) so who picked up the 500 dead birds and carried them off the field :yes: Thats some good friend :good:

it shouldnt matter how many or how few birds a person shoots in a day.or to that matter how many cartridges you do or dont use.the important thing is being at one with nature for the day.i have been a shooting man for forty odd years and have enjoyed every minute of it.stop arguing and get on with it!...... that was a posh speech from me!!.