Blue Diamond

Let's have some opinions or options -

I'm shooting Sporting clays, have been using Eley first and I'm going to start using an up graded cartridge.

Looking at Eley Blues or Gamebore Blue Diamond, anyone using them or have experience with them ?

I'm changing because "I want to" and I can afford the price difference, no other reason, before I start getting questioned on my decision so please keep to the subject :good:???

I'm shooting Sporting clays, have been using Eley first and I'm going to start using an up graded cartridge.

Looking at Eley Blues or Gamebore Blue Diamond, anyone using them or have experience with them ?

I'm changing because "I want to" and I can afford the price difference, no other reason, before I start getting questioned on my decision so please keep to the subject :good:???

used blue diamond for a while never let me down nice crisp hit no recall probs ive swapped to kents now only because of price at local dealer

Blue Diamond in fibre are a great cartridge. I wouldn't say they were better than any of the other mid price range cartridges but they work for me. I made the decision to only shoot fibre sometime ago and after trying a few different brands stuck with these. I paid £46.50 a slab for the last lot.

pref the kent velocity ( has same diamond shot ) to the blue diamond and are alot cheaper ... think the gordon recoil system is a joke really as again found the kent velocity had less recoil but neither are bad.

:good: Have been shooting with Kent Velocitys recently and find them harder on the shoulder than others I've used. Will be trying Eley Firsts and Blue Diamonds next.

In recent years, I have used Eley First, Eley Olympics, Eley Blue, Eley Superb, Gamebore Blue Diamond, Gamebore Black Gold, Gamebore White Gold, Express Pro Comp, Baschieri and Pellagri, Victory Sporters, Hull Comp X, Fiocchi Top 1,

D and J (may God forgive me) and probably a whole lot more.

The only ones I would pay a little bit more for are Eley Superb and Baschieri and Pellagri. They gave me the impression of better kills at distance. I say "gave me the impression" because, in truth, I wouldn't stake much on that.

I'm changing because "I want to" and I can afford the price difference, no other reason, before I start getting questioned on my decision so please keep to the subject :good::yes:

Why shoot clays with a 28g load when 21s (like one in Hull) would do an equally good job and are easy on the shoulders and the wallet even though the latter is not one of your concerns?

:yes:

Edited by Ashbiker

I was given a box of RC Titano Sporting Trap 8s this morning. Quite impressed - they were free. Could not tell the difference between them and the Hull and Fiocchi I was using, on the same targets - all with 1/4 and 1/4.

They look to be a nicely put together shell.