FAC reason for 2x .17 hmrs?

nemo1966

Is their any possible reason for the justification of 2x .17hmrs or even 2x .22lr?

e.g i have a Rapid .22 and a HW100 .22, just because I like having different guns.

I suppose what I am really asking is can you have 2 different guns in the same calibre?

I have seen a few people who have a long list of guns (some duplicated in calibre) but then other state the FEO want let you do it.

thanks

You can justify more than one by saying you want to fit one with a night vision scope.

I have three Deer calibres on my FAC. One for long range (scoped), one for close woodland work (open sights) and one for big stuff abroad and larger species here (the .243 is marginal for larger species. An opinion which my firearms department supports).

If you just say you want two guns, the second word will be off. :unsure:

Certain forces hate duplicate calibres, kent being one of them.

I have 2 .22RF, the reason i gave was that i have a Ruger 10/22T that has the .920" barrel which is fine for shooting off/from a vehicle but carrying it around a filed and shooting unaided damn well hurts and that i want to buy a lighter semi auto or bolt action for stalking etc on foot, i also mentioned i would lose too much on the gun if i sold it. My FEO was fine with that i granted it, so that could be an avenue but .17hmr as above use the dedicated night vision excuse could work, try it and see.

Northumberland will not accept dedicated night vision as a valid reason for two of the same caliber (i have tried and failed twice).You would think the same rules/regulations would be the same throughout every police force as i have read loads of peoples signatures and am amazed at what some people are allowed throughout the different counties compared to others. I have two .22's in my cabinet one mine the other is my sons it is stated on my licence that my sons is to be stored only and not carried by myself and the same is on his licence about mine there identical apart from the seriel numbers

Edited by steyrman

Hi Mate

I have x2 hmrs and x2 -22rimmies and x2 -223s but i have one for day shooting and one with gen3 nightvision scope attached..... :yes: ..thinking of being cheeky next and asking for a 22-250 ..but heavy barrel for static shooting at greater range than 223....mmmmmmmm..i wonder yes or NOOOOO

Mick

almost certainly a yes.

I have 22 Hornet, 222, 223 twice, so I doubt you'll have a problem.

Why? if your reason is good enough then there you go if not tuff. Personally i try to avoid buying two the same

Hampshire Constabulary dont appear to be overly concerned. I have a range of DIFFERENT calibers but i also have 2 rifles of the same i.e duplicate.

I have a Browning T-Bolt .17HMR (for rolling rabbits mainly)

Savage M11 BTH in .223 Rem (my main foxing and small deer/chinese water deer/muntjac rifle, love that thumbhole stock)

Howa 1500 .243 (great all rounder)

then my duplicate caliber rifles both in .308 Win..a Steyr SSG04-A1 (target only) and a rather nice Browning X-Bolt (deer).

I've never had much of a problem to be fair.

All the best.