best fox squeaker

utectok

Have never tried mugging foxes during daylight,have flushed many during the course of a shoot,but when outg lamping I usually squeak with my mouth and hand.One bloke I know uses a bit of polystyrene on the window of his Landie,another uses polystyrene on a polished piece of wood.Whatever works for you.

Ok guys gonna have a go with foxes this winter I heard you could get them in the daytime in the winter with a shotgun!? What's the best squeaker for this??

EEEERRRRRRR! ...well who knows, but that doctrine is news to me, perhaps ask whoever told you it could be done...let me know afterwards...

Cheers!

It can be done on daylight according t0 fieldsports channel? Aparrently you need lots of cover.

I've done that for more years than I can remember.....calling at the crack of dawn is the best time, & when it works, it's one of the most adrenaline rushing feelings you'll encounter, for me anyway.

Charlie running into your feet, if your not used to it, it'll catch you of guard, specially the first few times it happens.

I use E-Caller with my own calls, but have used quite a few hand calls aswell.

Get out & try it, you'll get addicted :yes:

BJ

I've done it a few times. Its not as productive as calling at night but can be done. I use a reed type caller which is handsfree, foxes are brill at spotting movement, so if your moving your hands etc to use a call, chances are 'charlie' will spot you before you see it and scarper. Ideally you need a mate positioned behind you facing the opposite direction to you so nowt can sneak up behind you. :good:

Ok guys gonna have a go with foxes this winter

Forgot to add, they are harder to call Nov onwards, only one thing on there mind :yes:

But it can be done, the call at dawn is the last dinner bell for them, & is the best time,

The reed type call is good as mentioned, lets you have both hands free, but I find the e-caller is best, you can call longer & position it eslewhere,

All to your advantage,

BJ